jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (8 posts)

Why are women so fascinated by vampires?

1. raven heft profile image60
    raven heftposted 4 years ago

Why are women so fascinated by vampires?

For centuries vampire stories have mostly involved women, and vampire brides. Today's vampire movies involving women creates odd fantasies about women and teen girls obsessing over vampires. Your opinion is what matters.

2. Abby Campbell profile image93
    Abby Campbellposted 4 years ago

I don't know if women are necessarily fascinated by "vampires." However, I do believe they are fascinated with the romance in those vampire stories.

3. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 4 years ago

Because of the good looking young men who portray them in recent films. Plain and simple.

4. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 4 years ago

I suspect there are many young women turned on by a man of "mystery" who is (confident and seductive). The fantasy of seduction is feeling as though you are "powerless" and had (no choice) but to give in. These are the type of young women who want a man to (take control) of their minds and bodies. Once they outgrow the "vampire" phase they'll be all about "50 Shades of Grey". :-)
    Although this is not nearly as "romantic" but a vampire could also be viewed similar to a pimp. A pimp controls the minds and bodies of the women in his "stable". He slowly sucks the life out of them and is always looking for a new blood/financial source. They're takers!

5. krillco profile image92
    krillcoposted 4 years ago

The (male) vampire represents and archetype (a culturally and commonly held deep psychological symbol) of a dark and aggressive force that cannot be resisted. The inability to resist frees the 'victim' from any accountability for the ecstasy that will be enjoined as the vampire penetrates the woman in a very vulnerable location (throat)...this obviously is symbolic of sex. Often confused with the ill conceived 'rape fantasy' description, the vampire fantasy is not a rape scenario, but one of being overcome with the strong masculine force of passion and sensuality/sexuality that (many) women find appealing. On the other hand, female vampires have pretty much a more negative connotation, in the tradition of the 'succubus', stealing the very male vampire traits mentioned.

1. dashingscorpio profile image87
      dashingscorpioposted 4 years agoin reply to this

"The inability to resist frees the 'victim' from any accountability..." I completely agree with your statement! Seduction is about having one's senses overwhelmed and (giving) into temptation even when one knows it's wrong. Rape is a violent attack.

6. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 4 years ago

I think it is the attraction of the dark brooding things so many authors write about in romance novels.  I find myself attracted to that type - thought not vampires, just regular handsome, dark, brooding and difficult men.

1. krillco profile image92
      krillcoposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Then I'm your man! wink

working