What is your definition of spiritual warfare?

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (11 posts)
  1. profile image0
    swilliamsposted 10 years ago

What is your definition of spiritual warfare?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/8526417_f260.jpg

2. merej99 profile image73
    merej99posted 10 years ago

Wow.  For a succinct question the answer is way complex. 

For me, the mind, body and soul must be a cohesive unit striving toward...whatever goal - large, small or microscopic.  When those three things aren't lined up and going in the same direction there is a kind of internal, or spiritual warfare within my being.  Which voice do I listen to?  What is the right path? 

Another part to spiritual warfare is sending out prayers to friends and family in need.  Once spoken they cannot be unspoken.  Those words are now out in the universe being carried on angels wings.  They are the sword and shield within the universe that engage in spiritual battle on your behalf.

I believe there is SOMETHING to that phrase: Be careful what you wish for because you just may get it.

That's my take on it.  It's getting late and I don't want to sound crazier than I really am.  smile

1. profile image0
      swilliamsposted 10 years agoin reply to this

This portion is poetic. 'Once spoken they cannot be unspoken. Those words are now out in the universe being carried on angels wings. They are the sword and shield within the universe that engage in spiritual" battle on your behalf." Beautiful!

3. klw1157 profile image86
    klw1157posted 10 years ago

I believe that the definition of spiritual warfare to be concise is the battle between good and evil. We live in a world today that has clearly changed from a society that saw those lines very clearly not so many years ago to one in which the lines very easily blur now for many. Regardless of your religious beliefs, and I am a Bible believing Christian, everyone should have a moral compass. In my case mine is the Bible and what it teaches me with the 10 commandments as a great place to start. There is however so much more that we can learn from the teachings of Jesus about forgiveness, and loving our enemies, being non-judgmental, etc. I believe that Satan exists and seeks to destroy our morality everyday, that is his job! We as believers, even as non believers, should seek to maintain a basically good moral life. I personally think that if you do that as an out cropping of your faith or just because you think it is the right thing to do, it becomes easier to do it consistently with the passing of time. The Bible teaches us in the book of James "Draw near to God and he will draw near to you" What better ally to have in a Spiritual battle than God himself!

1. profile image0

Wow!!! Your statement " I believe that Satan exists and seeks to destroy our morality everyday, that is his job! " Sheds light on purpose. Even evil has a purpose. Very Thought provoking! Thanks klw1157! Cute baby!!!

4. profile image0
    Sri Tposted 10 years ago

I cannot define it because it is an illusion. A need for the ego.  It is concept vs concept. Without concepts, what is there? Emptiness. Can there be a war with nothingness? If nothing exists there is nothing to fight with. So peace is the only reality when you transcend all concepts.

1. profile image0

Peace is what we all search for yet many die trying to obtain it.

5. dashingscorpio profile image81
    dashingscorpioposted 10 years ago

Believers VS Non-Believers who are hell bent on trying to change or defeat one another instead of simply accepting their differences and let "judgment day" determine which side was right.
    The great thing about living in a place where there is supposedly separation of church and state people are allowed to believe or not believe whatever they want.

1. profile image0

Believers VS Non-Believers We all have spiritual warfare and each outcome may come out differently depending on our faith to be determined on "judgement day.

6. Ceegen profile image66
    Ceegenposted 10 years ago

Spiritual warfare is: Promoting the truth of Jesus Christ and His gospel message against the lies of the enemy, because the lies are many but the truth is one. Jesus is the way, the TRUTH, and the life.

2nd Corinthians ch10:
    3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
    4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;)
    5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Spiritual warfare happens in the mind. If we believe something to be true, it doesn't matter if it is actually false, our minds make it true when we want it to be. Tearing down these strongholds built with lies of the enemy in other people's minds, is the goal of spiritual warfare.

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places." - Ephesians ch6 v12.

1. profile image0

Thanks Ceegen! I see you  have Put on the full armor of God! Great feedback. Spiritual warfare happens in the mind.  That is harsh reality.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)