jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What is the biggest lesson you have learned from your marriage?

1. suraj punjabi profile image86
    suraj punjabiposted 4 years ago

What is the biggest lesson you have learned from your marriage?

Marriage is a life changing experience, there are many things you will discover about yourself and about your spouse that can alter some of your long held perceptions and change your way of thinking. What has marriage taught you about life and how has it changed your perception on people and life itself as a whole?

2. DDE profile image24
    DDEposted 4 years ago

Marriage has taught me to be strong through all times and to be able to handle all kinds of situations.  Marriage has showed me many obstacles and has allowed me to focus on what can be good and not about what is wrong or right. Life is meant to enjoyed not taken for granted. My outlook on life through the perspective of a marriage is to be honest and trustworthy, to love and to beloved to work together on all decisions.

3. kerlund74 profile image79
    kerlund74posted 4 years ago

I have learned not to try alter another persons behavior. I am, unfortunately no longer married, but I have brought this insigth with me. I can chose to change, myself.

4. wychic profile image88
    wychicposted 4 years ago

It has taught me to go with the flow smile. Life is always going to have ups and downs, and it's important to be able to let go of the stress and be mutually supportive of each other. I've also thankfully grown out of the popular notion that it's my husband's job to make me happy -- it's MY job to make me happy, and his to make him happy, and then we get to enjoy sharing the happiness. I also think that it's impossible to really know someone right off the bat, and it's important to be ready and willing to accept any unexpected quirks or changes they exhibit. I've learned that most people are temporary and life always changes, but there's something good in every bit of it if we keep looking for it.

5. dashingscorpio profile image88
    dashingscorpioposted 4 years ago

Not only is marriage a life changing experience the people in it will also change. Nothing and no one goes unchanged.
    It's like planting a garden that requires nurturing and maintenance year round. You must pull weeds from time to time, plant new seeds, fertilize, water, and build fences to keep pests out. There is no autopilot or relax mode. If you neglect it then it dies.
    There is no amount of work or communication that can overcome being with someone who does not want what you want.
    There are only two ways to experience joy and peace of mind in relationships: we either get what we want or we learn to be happy with what we have.

working