jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Dating. Do men prefer women with no ambition, money, education/trade, or career?

1. realtalk247 profile image71
    realtalk247posted 3 years ago

Dating. Do men prefer women with no ambition, money, education/trade, or career?

There seems to be a battle between women who want their career and women who desire a relationship.  Some women value both. Some women believe a man is their only goal even if they can not support themselves any other way because they are depending on the man to provide for them.  Just curious of a man's insight on this one.  .Do you find it appealing to choose a woman that "needs you" for financial support and thought?  If so, how can you trust she loves you and not just your support? 2.Do you find it appealing to choose a mate that compliments your goals and desires to achieve? Any thoughts?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/8955649_f260.jpg

2. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 3 years ago

When it comes to choosing a mate there is no "one size fits all" for either gender. Oftentimes women are (using the wrong bait) to attract men or they expect men to have the same mate selection criteria as (they) do!
    I've heard some successful women complain about dating. "I have a masters degree, I earn over six figures, drive a Mercedes, own my own home, and take three vacations a year....etc" I tell them that's all great if you're trying to attract a WOMAN!
    If a man is not physically attracted to you none of that matters!
    Since the average man is NOT looking for a mate to financially support him his initial interest in a woman begins with her (physical appearance). There are very few "male gold diggers" looking to marry a woman for her money regardless of her appearance.
    The number two quality men look for has to do with a woman's (personality). If she is friendly, personable, and has a (similar sense of humor) that will score a lot of points. Men attracted to women who enjoy their company.
    The third major trait is having a woman who knows how to subtly let a man know (she is interested in him) by either flirting a little bit or using some sexual innuendo if the conversation lends itself.
    Bottom line if a woman happens to be a cocktail waitress or restaurant hostess who is "hot" looking, fun to be with, and makes it known she's attracted to the man he will take her over another woman who is a doctor or attorney that behaves standoffish or less attractive.
    As far as the average man is concerned a woman's education, career, and her other accolades are "the icing" on the cake. Having said that a man does not chase after resumes. He's more than willing to financially support a woman whom he feels is "the one".

3. DDE profile image28
    DDEposted 3 years ago

Some men still do prefer  the less educated women but so much has changed that  most women are involved in great careers and men are faced with greater challenges.

4. grand old lady profile image85
    grand old ladyposted 3 years ago

I think men are more practical these days and know that there are bills to pay and are open to women who can also hold up their share of the load. Men also want to respect the woman in their lives so they choose women with drive or with talent in one way or another.

For as long as I can remember, men wanted a woman who was an intellectual equal. This is why they had courtesans, geishas, and women like Gypsy Rose Lee who was funny and smart as well as a burlesque star. They married the proper traditional wife and found their intellectual outlets in the "bad" women. Now they can marry them and it's perfectly respectable. But who am I to answer this? I'm a woman...

working