Is there someone you're missing?

1. Bk42author profile image81
    Bk42authorposted 4 years ago

Is there someone you're missing?

Maybe you had a close friend and various reasons you no longer speak. There are times in your life you think of them and miss them but you know that reaching out to them is futile because either they won't reciprocate or you don't have much in common anymore so there's no point.

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/8816294_f260.jpg

2. tsadjatko profile image57
    tsadjatkoposted 4 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/8816412_f260.jpg

Actually no. If I ever had a close friend that I now miss it wouldn't be because I no longer speak to them for any reason unless they are dead. There was a time when I was young that I had friends, I don't know about close friends, but friends I missed when they were gone but I never had a "friend" I would miss who abondoned my friendship for any reason. I mean if that were to occurr I would realize they never were a close friend and so why would I miss them? When you are young you likely have had  fewer friendships and so each one may mean more to you than they do when you've lived life a while and experience just how fickle friends can be.
    Although I could understand being in that situation, missing a close friend who wants nothing to do with you, but only if I had been a terrible close friend to them and behaved in ways to drive them away from me, but I have never created that sort of problem in a friendship.
    This could be because I grew up in a bad neighborhood and since my parents discouraged relationships with people my age in the neighborhood I grew comfortable being a loner and only formed real friendships after leaving home.
    Besides all that, there is so much in this world to experience, so many friendships awaiting your participation there isn't time to spend missing a relationship that will never work or clinging to the way things were. Take advice from Luke 9:5 : 'If people do not welcome you, leave their town and shake the dust off your feet as a testimony against them." :-)

working