jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Does the stroking of the male ego create a happier relationship?

1. Tenlia profile image59
    Tenliaposted 3 years ago

Does the stroking of the male ego create a happier relationship?

2. Bri OBrien profile image60
    Bri OBrienposted 3 years ago

No, it only makes men happier. Relationships are happier and more satisfying if both partners involved are regarded as equals. If his ego is going go be stroked, then he better well be giving something in return. Men have enough of an ego without women stroking them further. There was a recent YouTube video explaining that  of the past 71 Mass Murders, 70 of them were committed by men because they felt entitled to their egos being stroked by women and society at large. Stroke their egos, stroke the inherent patriarchy that has created mass murdering self engigled men.

1. Tenlia profile image59
      Tenliaposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Wow, interesting

3. dashingscorpio profile image88
    dashingscorpioposted 3 years ago

Honestly I believe everyone likes to have their ego stroked once in a while. This is especially true if it is coming from someone they (love or care) about. Couples who are good to one another tend to be happier. That goes without saying.
    However I would say treating one well should not be attached with a "hidden agenda". It should naturally come from the heart.
    Being in a relationship is a (choice) and should not be an "acquired taste". Each of us gets to (choose) our own friends, lovers, and spouse. There are very few people walking around with their hand up screaming; "I'm looking for someone to (change) me!"
    Most people want to be loved and appreciated for who (they) are.
    Instead of hoping our mate will (change) we're better off taking the time to find someone who (already is) the kind of person we want.
    There are only two ways to experience joy and peace of mind in relationships: We either get what we want or we learn to be happy with what we have.
    "Never love anyone who treats you like you're ordinary."
    - Oscar Wilde

4. krillco profile image93
    krillcoposted 3 years ago

You are really talking about 'validation'. Dependence on validation from others is not love, it leads to a great deal of reactivity and unhappiness. Learn to 'differentiate' in relationship, and to self-validate.

working