jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Do you believe in counceling to save your life.?

1. erorantes profile image50
    erorantesposted 3 years ago

Do you believe in counceling to save your life.?

There are a few techniques to save lives. Mention some of those.  I belivenin counseling to save peoples lives.

2. profile image0
    Lybrahposted 3 years ago

Counseling absolutely helps.  I find it helpful to know there are other people out there with the same problems, and we can relate.

erorantesposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Hello Miss or Mister lybrah. Of course, some people are worse than others.  I work with some people with different depressions. They know each other by their talk too. It is a terrible disease.  Thanks God, I have a lot of patience.  First, they scre

3. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 3 years ago

Counseling in of itself does not save lives. The individual must be open to trying the advice being offered as they reach their own realizations concerning how they got where they are. A large part of counseling is helping someone put things in perspective and pointing out that they do have "options".
    When someone feels there are no options that's when depression sinks in. If one believes tomorrow is going to be just like today and next year is not going to be any better they start to feel life it's not worth living.
    A good counselor can point out instances where others have overcome obstacles and even within that individuals life where things did get better. Sometimes just having a (neutral) person to talk to helps a person a lot.

erorantesposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Thank you Mr . Dashingscorpio.  You are very kind for your awnser. You are correct  about everything you wrote about counseling.  Some people  brain absorb the counseling better if they are in the right stage of their depression for being save. When

4. mathira profile image83
    mathiraposted 3 years ago

I personally do not believe in counseling. Unless the change comes from within you, no amount of counseling is going to help you. Counseling can pinpoint where you are going wrong and give you guidance. To follow the advice or not  is entirely up to you.

working