jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)

Can anyone please explain this phrase, ''Don't trust yourself.''

1. moronkee profile image77
    moronkeeposted 3 years ago

Can anyone please explain this phrase, ''Don't trust yourself.''

I say it's right not to trust people, GOD also command that we put not our trust in man. But what I don't understand is not to trust oneself. Is this plausible?

2. Sri T profile image79
    Sri Tposted 3 years ago

First you have to know yourself. Know your habits and tendencies. Then see if you keep your word or follow through on your ideas and plans. If you don't, then you can't trust yourself. But this can be cured.

moronkeeposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for the insight.

3. mothersofnations profile image77
    mothersofnationsposted 3 years ago

It's because the heart is deceitful. The bible tells us this as well. You have to trust in what God tells you and lean not on your own understanding. The enemy tries to manipulate people through their emotions. We need to be in the spirit and not think with the flesh. Again, the heart is deceitful so look to God to guide you, be in prayer as much as possible & trust that He'll speak to you & guide you along right paths. God bless you...

It's not easy to walk in the spirit at all times. Thanks

2. mothersofnations profile image77
      mothersofnationsposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I realize that but you try your best. There's such a delicate balance between heart & mind (emotion & logic). I literally pray over everything & the best results have come with the Lord's guidance. God bless...

4. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 3 years ago

I've never been told not to trust myself.
    I am for familiar with the scripture;
    "Trust in the lord with all thy heart. Lean not until thy own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him and he shall direct thy path." (This for seeking guidance when you've tried everything)
    I also see this as saying ignore what your senses are saying and listen to the "inner voice". Just because someone tells you something is "impossible" does not make it so.
    "Don't worry about the (HOW). Leave that up to God."
    I'm just curious why you listed this question under "Gender Relations/ Friend zone", Relationship advice?

1. mothersofnations profile image77
      mothersofnationsposted 3 years agoin reply to this

If the heart is deceitful and we can't truly trust ourselves, then we need guidance and the best guidance can only come from God, which is why I referred to that scripture  smile

2. moronkee profile image77

Thanks for your answers to my question dashingscorpio and mothersofnations.

working