jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

What is the difference in being alone and feeling lonely?

1. Damanee Bailey profile image60
    Damanee Baileyposted 3 years ago

What is the difference in being alone and feeling lonely?

My girl leave me about two weeks now, she didn't had the courage to tell me. I guess all those things she tell me, about how much she love me, it was a lie. The thing is I fall for it, and I should have known better. I make my emotions get the better of me. Its a learning process for me and I will try not to make this happen to me twice.

2. PhoenixV profile image69
    PhoenixVposted 3 years ago

Being alone is an actual physical reality. Being lonely is a state of mind.  I know it's a cliche and not much help, but the quote from Tennyson applies- "Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all". Perhaps this loss of yours will open a door to some nice lady that you can be happier with.

1. Damanee Bailey profile image60
      Damanee Baileyposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Thanks PhoenixV, we should all learn from our past mistakes and I have learned a lot. As Soren Kierkegaard suggest that life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards.

3. profile image0
    sheilamyersposted 3 years ago

Being alone is to be in any place without any other people around you. Feeling lonely can happen whether you're not around other people or are standing in a crowd.

working