Is it good to see a movie on the first date?

1. jaydawg808 profile image90
    jaydawg808posted 3 years ago

Is it good to see a movie on the first date?

2. dashingscorpio profile image86
    dashingscorpioposted 3 years ago

It depends on the circumstances such as how much you have talked on the phone or been in contact via email and so forth. Is it a movie you've both been "dying to see" and is the movie the (only activity) you have planned.
    Most people automatically say going to a movie on a first date is a bad idea because you're NOT talking to one another. However I generally would not ask anyone out without having a few lengthy conversations to begin with. I'd already have a sense of them.
    I don't approach every date with the idea that she might be "the one" but I do attempt to pick an activity that I believe we'd (both enjoy) even if there was no chemistry between us. Movies, plays, concerts, or festivals can be fun. Having a good time together is the goal.
    Nevertheless simply going to a movie and (parting immediately) afterwards is not much of a date! There should be some time that you enjoy each other's company. An early movie followed by a late lunch or an early dinner on a Saturday/Sunday or vice versa can be a nice outing. Maybe the (first date) in this scenario should be lunch first followed by the movie. The goal of a first date is to determine if their is any "chemistry" between you  that would warrant going out again. Keep things light/relaxed and have fun!

3. profile image0
    sheilamyersposted 3 years ago

I was ready to say no until I read Dashings response. I agree it depends on how much time you've already spent talking to the other person. Even if I'd spent time talking to them online or the phone and this date happens to be the first real face-to-face meeting, I'd skip the movie. If it's a first date with someone I've talked to at work or more than a few times while shopping and those talks were more personal, I think a movie would be okay.