jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Is "gender balance" practical in society today?

1. ian 12am profile image85
    ian 12amposted 3 years ago

Is  "gender balance" practical in society today?

2. Rae-LeighDawn profile image60
    Rae-LeighDawnposted 3 years ago

Globalization caused by technologies and new media, has had a large effect on these topics and discussions. Traditional roles, religious beliefs, and also a need to survive and take care of ones family all has it's place in that discussion. I find it hard myself to come to any clear answer.

3. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 3 years ago

It's not clear what you mean by "gender balance".
    Do you mean having an equal ratio of women to men within the population? or Are you referring to power and wealth being equally distributed between the two genders?
    With regard to the first one there isn't much that can be done regarding influencing the gender of child. In response to the second anything beyond providing laws is strictly up to the individual and how determined (they) are. Desire & drive come from within.
    Life is a (personal) journey.
    Our lives are the end result of the (choices) we've made along the way,
    Not everyone has the same goals, same ambitions/desires, or is willing to make the sacrifices required to get ahead.

1. C.V.Rajan profile image78
      C.V.Rajanposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Good answer! You have given me a rest!

4. ian 12am profile image85
    ian 12amposted 3 years ago

Rae, I think the answer is not too difficult. The fact that religious, cultural and personal beliefs influence gender roles in society means gender equality is not practical. Men and women, by nature have unique roles towards developing society and distorting this is one potential source of marital unrest. While all humans should have equal rights, gender based roles and responsibilities should not be intertwined

working