jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

Brand new here, I know this question gets asked a lot but I have to start somewh

1. Sarah Siddons profile image60
    Sarah Siddonsposted 3 years ago

Brand new here, I know this question gets asked a lot but I have to start somewhere.

I have been aske to have a blog, I never read them outside of Huffington post or the blog my mother does as a prolific novelist. This is going to sound arrogant but since chosing to be open about addiction, adoption, recovery, samesex adoption I'm simply getting more requests for information specific to my story, I just don't have to time to answer them individually and in an effort to reduce the stigma I feel compelled. Apparently there aren't a lot of 38 year women that get pregnant in early recovery and chose a gay male couple as adoptive parents. I thought a format of Dear Hannah letters?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/12039250_f260.jpg

2. jlpark profile image86
    jlparkposted 3 years ago

"Dear Hannah" letters could be a way of doing it. And that would probably work well for what you want to be saying.

That way you can answer specific questions if people have been really specific about what they want to know.

One I read that has very different ways of doing things is "Single Dad Laughing" - he blogs in many different ways - and it works - he has about a million followers.

Good luck, and post a link = I'll take a look!

Sarah Siddonsposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I really appreciate you taking the time to answere. Do I understand that it would have to post to a certain subject matter? I need to know the best way to reach a target audience. I don't want to be pigeon holed to only addiction,adoption, or LGTB.

2. jlpark profile image86
      jlparkposted 3 years agoin reply to this

My pleasure! If it's here - yes, but each hub can be in different subjects. If it's your own blog - it helps (with traffic etc) to be in a 'niche" but it doesn't have to be that way - SDL (the guy I mentioned) doesn't follow one subject only.

3. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 3 years ago

Just be honest and pour your heart out about what you want to write. You can write several hubs on the same subject but name them differently. Example: I wrote a series of hubs called "My life." I continued with "My life II".. "My life III"... I am sure you get the point. Good luck!

Sarah Siddonsposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for taking the time to reply.. Published number one

2. profile image0
      JThomp42posted 3 years agoin reply to this

You are welcome. Congratulations.

working