I asked God why he created humans with different skin colors

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (13 posts)
  1. Titus shekwolo Joseph profile image46
    Titus shekwolo Josephposted 2 years ago

One of the benefits of being a genuine Christian is having a personal relationship with Jesus where we not only know God’s mind through the scripture but also hear his still or even audible voice in some cases.  This still voice can be in the form of an impression or thoughts. Other times God can use an entire experience or circumstances to reveal his mind to us. Hence, God can also speak to us through our personal experience with him.  As we grow in our relationship with God, the thoughts of our hearts become prayers. Every moment of our life becomes a state of prayerfulness. God tends to convey his will to us through every situation and experience.

Let me share an experience I had when I was a teenager. I will never forget this experience because God changed my mindset through that experience. At that time, I was just about two years old as a born-again Christian. I was a teenager then, and being a Nigerian, I had no idea what racism was. One day I was surfing the internet, then I stumbled on a website talking about racism and the history of racism in America. I became super curious about it, then I started reading about how Africans were enslaved and subjected to inhumane treatment like animals. As a young person then, it baffled me so much that I was consumed by it.

Before this experience, I had just experienced the baptism of the Holy Spirit and the power of God upon my life in such a way that I will lack words to describe my experience. I was in a stage of learning how to hear God speaking to me daily; the Holy Spirit was teaching me how to hear God's voice. My life was very unusual those days because while other teenagers were busy living the common life of a teenager, I was busy experiencing the love and power of Christ. During those days I could spend a whole day thinking about God in almost everything and fascinated by the power and majesty of Christ. I could also spend a whole day praying in the room without going out, and people were complaining about how introverted I was. But God used those days to shape and mold my heart in a way I will never forget.

Anyways, back to my experience... So, after reading those things about racism and the slave trade, I became disturbed and started questioning God both audibly and in thoughts. I was asking God repeatedly the following question: God why, why... Why did you create men with different skin colors? I also asked, " you should have made them all black or white to avoid all these discriminations?".

I was in my mother's room asking God all these questions during my quiet time with God. Then, I knelt close to my mother's bed feeling so sad and exhausted. I took my father's big bible that he cherished a lot when he was alive. I opened the bible, which happened to be the book of Isaiah, and unconsciously turned one or two pages of that book. Then I suddenly felt the presence of God in my body. This is something I can't describe in words. However, my neck got stiff and God caused my eyes to be instantly fixed on Isaiah 45: 9 - 11 and it says,

"Woe to those who quarrel with their Maker, those who are nothing but potsherds among the potsherds on the ground. Does the clay say to the potter, 'What are you making?' Does your work say, 'The potter has no hands?

Woe to the one who says to a father, 'What have you begotten?' or to a mother, 'What have you brought to birth?'

"This is what the LORD says-- the Holy One of Israel, and its Maker: Concerning things to come, do you question me about my children, or give me orders about the work of my hands?

When I got to verse 11 where it says, "...Concerning things to come, do you question me about my children, or give me orders about the work of my hands?" I broke into tears in awe. I felt like God was right there with me in that room. I felt a mixture of fear and awe at the same time. Then I laid prostrate on the bed and couldn't move for a while. My body was motionless or froze as I cried and asked for mercy and forgiveness for asking him such a foolish question and telling him what he should've done. After asking for forgiveness, God released me.

I will never forget that day because, although I didn't hear God audibly, God answered my question instantly by leading me to that bible verse in a way I never expect.

Since that day, I have learned to see God's beauty in diversity. I later realized how foolish my question and suggestion to God was. I realized that if God had made all humans with the same shade of color, it would have been boring and monotonous. God revealed to us his love for varieties through different skin colors, and hence his children should also appreciate the various shades of human skin color as God's display of beautiful varieties.

1. Readmikenow profile image94
      Readmikenowposted 2 years agoin reply to this

You had a very heart-warming experience.

I would say it is important to realize that God does not acknowledge a person's race.  When a person is focused on their race, they are serving the world and not God.  As Christians we are not our bodies, but the souls inside of them.  God does not see our body, he sees us when he looks at our soul.  We will eventually leave this earth and the body that we used during our time here.  Your body will stay in this world as you move on, it is of this world.  Your soul will move on, as it is not of this world.

Many people ask me why God made people of different color skin.  It is a simple question with a complicated answer.  Because your skin color is what you need to complete your mission in this world before you depart it.  A white man could not have done what Nelson Mandela accomplished.  For this to be done, his soul had to have a black person's body.  Winston Churchill could not have succeeded in the body of any other race other than white.  God gives you what you need to do the job he wants you to accomplish during your time in this world.

Please read the section of the Bible about the Jews being enslaved by the Egyptians and realize, slavery is something that has happened for thousands of years.  Why?  Because God had given man free will...and this is how he has chosen to use it.

1. Titus shekwolo Joseph profile image46
        Titus shekwolo Josephposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Yeah, I agree with what you said.

2. alambientertainment profile image60
      alambientertainmentposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Amazing testimony Titus

2. FatFreddysCat profile image94
    FatFreddysCatposted 2 years ago

https://hubstatic.com/15665970.jpg

3. Misbah786 profile image86
    Misbah786posted 2 years ago

I am posting a link to my own hub. However, It's not for publicity but I think it goes with the situation/story

https://letterpile.com/poetry/The-Rainbow-Brothers

Blessings to you!

4. Kathryn L Hill profile image78
    Kathryn L Hillposted 2 years ago

God wonders why it's a big deal that there are different skin colors.

5. Kathryn L Hill profile image78
    Kathryn L Hillposted 2 years ago

God says HE didn't create slavery.

6. Charles Emerenwa profile image59
    Charles Emerenwaposted 2 years ago

My brother Titus, thank you for sharing your confounding encounter with the Lord. Our Father never fail to surprise us when we seek Him earnestly for answers to situations or predicaments that we cannot comprehend the reason behind it. I am thankful that because of the question you posed, the Lord spoke to you and you are sharing it with us here today, the answer that you received.

What Readmikenow pointed out about each person being 'appointed' a specific skin color or race has got to do with the 'mission' each of us are sent to earth to fulfill. It can only be accomplished with us being in a certain position, background, and status to facilitate the execution of said duty. You have also wonderfully pointed out that the body is a mere vessel that our spirit shall abandon once we have fulfilled the mission God has sent us for. 

For all of His creations, God has already set a purpose for us to follow through. Regardless of how we may think it is unfair, difficult, or incomprehensible as it is, we can always find peace in Him.

Would like to leave you with a quote to help you find strength and solace in the plans of our Awesome God -  "The will of God will never take you where the grace of God will not protect you"

Blessings to you, my brother.

"It can only be accomplished with us being in a certain position, background, and status to facilitate the execution of said duty."

I would argue that this depends on your mission.  I believe God will put you in a certain position, background or status to facilitate your duty, or he will give you the tools to achieve such things. 

I know a couple who has adopted seven special needs children, they believe this is their mission, and they take it serious.  They're not wealthy, but happy, because they believe they are accomplishing God's calling for them.

Not everyone is called upon to do tremendous things.  Some are called to be artists and paint something that will inspire another person.  Others are given a gift to counsel others, some have a gift for managing things, etc.  The mission given to you by God is something very personal.  I believe you will know it when you are happy and have a feeling inside of thanking God for this opportunity to serve him in this world at this time.

7. Kobby95 profile image86
    Kobby95posted 2 years ago

My contribution to this interesting topic is to quote the words of ‘Abdu’l-Bahá. He was the Son and Successor of Bahá’u’lláh—the Founder of the Bahá’í Faith—and the authorized interpreter of the Bahá’í sacred writings:

“The one all-loving God bestows His divine Grace and Favour on all mankind; one and all are servants of the Most High, and His Goodness, Mercy and loving Kindness are showered upon all His creatures. The glory of humanity is the heritage of each one.

“All men are the leaves and fruit of one same tree, they are all branches of the tree of Adam, they all have the same origin. The same rain has fallen upon them all, the same warm sun makes them grow, they are all refreshed by the same breeze. The only differences that exist and that keep them apart are these: there are the children who need guidance, the ignorant to be instructed, the sick to be tended and healed; thus, I say that the whole of humanity is enveloped by the Mercy and Grace of God. As the Holy Writings tell us: All men are equal before God. He is no respecter of persons.” (Paris Talks, p. 129)

Kobby 95,

I knew nothing about the Bahá’í Faith.  So, I did a little research.  I found it fascinating.

I appreciate what you've shared.

8. profile image0
    Vladimir Karasposted 2 years ago

When we take the religious romantics out of this topic, there is no way that all people are "equal". Our fingerprints and our DNA clearly symbolize our essential differences. Bringing god into that evaluation doesn't help much, because, it was man who created god in his own image, giving him human attributes -- even painting him as an old bearded dude.
    The skin color, by itself, means just as little as people with blue or green or brown eyes could suggest something in a racist sense -- it's totally crazy. People are not different by their skin, but by their mentality, in a range from some angel-like to those brutal, heartless criminals, and there is no religion which will ever be able to call them as "equal children of god".
    But then, of course, we are all of different minds, and we have to respect others' beliefs -- so, don't let my words sound to you as disrespectful.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)