|HubPages Device ID||This is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.|
|Login||This is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.|
|HubPages Traffic Pixel||This is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.|
|Remarketing Pixels||We may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.|
|Conversion Tracking Pixels||We may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisements has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.|
Do you know anyone or are you the child of an exotic Dancer? If so how has this affected you?
This has become a large subject of discussion in my community as more and more people are readily talking about the affects of their childhoods. I am wondering if anyone has a parent who at one time or still currently is working in the burlesque industry, if so how has this affected you both positively or negatively growing up? I plan on writing a huge article on this discussion, all comments and answers are welcome.
Hubpages has been getting awfully personal lately, lol.
This is an oddly specific one for me. My mother was a dancer my whole life (well, until I was 16). I'll talk about a few of the upsides, and some of the downsides, without getting too personal.
1. She was really cool. She dated bikers with Harleys and she was tall and pretty, so she was kinda fun to be around. It made me feel cool by extension, even if kids at school didn't agree lol.
2. She would sometimes randomly give me 20 or 40 bucks when she was drunk or high and had a good night.
3. I grew up pretty fast. She had me as a teenager, and I never even met my dad before he split, so she was my role model. She was strong and somewhat independent, and I've become that way. I learned a lot.
1. Becoming dependant was sort of forced; I spent a lot of time alone, as she would be asleep when I left for school, and then at work by the time I got home, and not home until 2 or 3am, if at all. This was from kindergarten all the way up. Indeed, I basically just lived alone and did my own thing my whole life. It's made me a little antisocial.
2. The bikers she dated were often pricks, even if they were pretty cool too. Plenty of really bad stories from that stuff though, at least 10 or 15 instances of violence.
3. FACS (Family and Children's Services), or Children's Aid, whatever you call it, put me in a foster home several times, and eventually took me and my young brothers away for good (she began having more kids when I was 14).
So there were some ups and downs. Definitely an unconventional life. I can't really comment on how I've turned out, I guess probably not as great as I might have lol.
Hope this helps!
by Sharp Points3 years ago
How do you deal with the immense amount of jealousy that comes along with dating an "exotic dancer"?
by nikki 186 years ago
To be a exotic dancer would I have to strip?i am 18 and I am not used to stripping I wanted to know to become a exotic dancer do you have to strip? my mom was a dancer and she said she didnt have to they just had to...
by philli3 years ago
Has anyone ever used Kindle Direct Publishing (KDP) to self-publish your work? Was is easy to use?Has anyone ever used Kindle Direct Publishing (KDP) to self-publish your work? If so, was it any easy process, did it...
by Laura Deibel5 years ago
Is anyone else on LinkedIN affected by massive numbers of endorsement requests?My mailbox runneth over...
by danielleantosz6 years ago
People get so heated about politics...do you think anyone ever knows enough to make a decision?Or are we all just basing our decisions on propaganda and advertising? Do you think it is possible to truly make an...
by Kate Swanson6 years ago
I've just checked my Analytics and I can see a definite change in my traffic on May 3 and 4. My HubPages account seems to be heading for the toilet again, after recovering all its traffic in the last Panda. ...
Copyright © 2018 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.
HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.