jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (10 posts)

How do you deal with the immense amount of jealousy that comes along with dating

1. Sharp Points profile image96
    Sharp Pointsposted 3 years ago

How do you deal with the immense amount of jealousy that comes along with dating an "exotic dancer"?

2. dashingscorpio profile image88
    dashingscorpioposted 3 years ago

Know yourself, Love yourself, and Trust Yourself.
    You have to ask yourself: "Could I be (happy) dating a woman who makes her living intentionally arousing men?"
    You have to be honest with yourself. If the answer is (no) then you shouldn't bother dating anyone in that profession!
    Unless you are making more than enough money for the both of you and are offering her a marriage proposal; you either learn to accept things as they are or you have to move on.
    No one has the right to dictate the career choice of someone they're merely "dating". The worst thing anyone can do is knowingly enter into a relationship with someone with the hope or intention of (changing) them. Only you know what type of woman you want.
    Personally speaking I would have no interest in dating an exotic dancer. I wouldn't want my lady giving "lap dances" to other men.

1. Sharp Points profile image96
      Sharp Pointsposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Haha yeah.. I could live with dudes just seeing her topless; the "lap dances" are the part that bothers me.

3. Daniel Bassilios profile image79
    Daniel Bassiliosposted 3 years ago

I think that any kind of inferiority complex makes relationships difficult. But jealousy is something that arises in most relationships.

As for your case. I can't speak from experience having never dated an exotic dancer but I was often jealous of my former girlfriend's superior intellect. If you really love the person, then that will supersede your jealous feelings because you'll want nothing but their happiness, to see them being who they want to be and to be as supportive of them as you can be.

Hope that helps.

4. fitmindbodysoul profile image60
    fitmindbodysoulposted 3 years ago

There will always be individuals who have a streak of jealousy. People will want you to fail if you are succeeding. The answer lies within, do you know who you are, are you confident, strong, happy, and believe in you? Regardless of your career, find something that truly makes you happy and ignore the "Nay Sayers" they will be there no matter what you do as a career, if you are a success. When it comes to men, wait, wait for the one who really appreciates you for you and not who is defining you for what you do. Men often times cannot deal with the competition or the attention you may be receiving. Often times they are intimidated by a confident beautiful woman, careers, or their own insecurities. Surround yourself with people who make you want to be a better person, and those who lovingly support you. But in dating, lead with your own individualistic foot, not the dancer one. Men want to love "US" as women, not the image of what people see us as.
    We all have careers, but what we do for "Work" does not define us as individuals. We all are our own beautiful, worthy, respectable, confident, self-worthy individuals. If what you do makes you uncomfortable and the comments make you feel less of a person, then possibly change career paths. But bottom line, know your worth and try to ignore those who say negative things. Trust in You. The only person who can take care of you is you.

1. dashingscorpio profile image88
      dashingscorpioposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Dee, This question was asked by a (man) who has a girlfriend that is an "exotic dancer". Your answer seems to be from (her) point of view. He wants to know how (he) can stop feeling jealous about what she does for a living.

2. fitmindbodysoul profile image60
      fitmindbodysoulposted 3 years agoin reply to this

apologies, but actually can go both ways. Its about self-confidence, understanding yourself. Acceptance of yourself in order to accept others and be truly supportive. Be confident in order to feel secure, know your worth.

5. profile image0
    jfischerstoneposted 3 years ago

Do not go to her workplace period. Maybe you are just not cut out to be a strippers bf?

6. Dr Billy Kidd profile image92
    Dr Billy Kiddposted 3 years ago

Exotic dancers often double as prostitutes. If a guy can handle that ... well, good luck. (A heroin addict would be thrilled by the extra income.)

1. Say Yes To Life profile image80
      Say Yes To Lifeposted 2 years agoin reply to this