jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What if you will be in love with the same gender ;-( what you have to do its sin

1. Omer123 profile image59
    Omer123posted 3 years ago

What if you will be in love with the same gender ;-( what you have to do its sin or crime ?

2. Amy Stuart profile image60
    Amy Stuartposted 3 years ago

I would suggest to be careful with it if it's illegal in a specific region you're living in, but you love who you love and trying to change that will cause mental and emotional distress. If you ascribe to a religion that says it's a sin, that's a personal decision you will have to make. You can be in love with the same gender but choose to be celibate so as to not be considered sinful according to your religious beliefs. Some religious leaders have previously suggested therapy to try to change LGBTQ people to "normal," but this causes severe mental and emotional distress in most cases.

3. jlpark profile image85
    jlparkposted 3 years ago

Being someone who loves someone of the same gender, I understand some of your predicament.

If it is illegal where you live, it is possible to connect with others who feel like you do, but you need to be careful about it. There are stories of people organising meet ups online in places like Russia (where being gay is illegal), and when they meet the person, there are a whole gang, and they are beaten/arrested.

You need to be safe. If you can access support online without getting into legal trouble - I'd suggest that, because you need support. You need to know you are NOT alone in what you feel, and you need to know IT GETS BETTER.

Religiously - I don't subscribe to the "being a sin" side of things. Nor do I have a religion. However, if you do, and your faith tells you your sexuality is sinful, then that is a personal thing. You need to figure out whether your God would create you as you are, and then punish you for it, or whether they would not. Whatever you decide, only you can decide that.

Best of luck. I hope you find the answer you are looking for.

4. Sri T profile image81
    Sri Tposted 3 years ago

Obey God, not man. God is eternal. If God says it's wrong, don't do it. If God says it's ok, then do it.

working