jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (11 posts)

Who agrees, disagrees, with the commercial that says...

1. The Examiner-1 profile image75
    The Examiner-1posted 3 years ago

Who agrees, disagrees, with the commercial that says...

..."The BEST way to draw people together is T-shirts"?

Why do you think so?

2. Stacie L profile image88
    Stacie Lposted 3 years ago

I disagree with that statement. I found the best way to draw people together is with FOOD...and a common cause. The tee shirt can come later...

The Examiner-1posted 3 years agoin reply to this

I also agree with the food Stacie. I did not think that T-shirts always had the correct saying on them.

3. RTalloni profile image87
    RTalloniposted 3 years ago

Food will do it every time!  Pair it with a common cause and you've got a winner.  T-shirts draw a fair segment of the population, but not all.

I also agree with the food RTalloni. I never thought about what would be best. I just did not think it was T-shirts.

4. MarleneB profile image98
    MarleneBposted 3 years ago

I haven't seen the commercial, but now I will keep an eye out for it.

I actually do think T-shirts bring people together. The shirts seem to create some kind of familiarity. I went to an event where a sponsor handed out T-shirts to everyone. The T-shirts were cute so people would surely wear them. After the event, I would see people in the T-shirts and immediately we engaged in conversation. Sometimes we even exchanged numbers to stay in contact. So, I'm an example of how the T-shirt brought people together.

The commercial is on the radio - at least the one that I am talking about.
      Was it because of the T-shirts and what they said or was it due to what the event was about which made everyone converse and exchange numbers?

2. MarleneB profile image98
      MarleneBposted 3 years agoin reply to this

The event was an art and wine event. The T-shirts were tasteful (not blazing with the company name), so it was something I'd wear outside the event. The T-shirt made us recognizable. The T-shirt helped start the conversation with a stranger.

3. The Examiner-1 profile image75

I see. The T-shirts sound to good for such an event, lol.

5. ocfireflies profile image79
    ocfirefliesposted 3 years ago

Kevin,

I have not seen this commercial, but I will certainly be on the lookout for it having read your question. I agree with the responses you have received so far: food and a common cause can also work, but I believe Marlene Bertrand makes an excellent case as well describing an experience in which the free T-shirt helped to encourage conversation and by extension-familiarity.

Still, I am going to have to say the BEST way to draw people together is to provide music that people seem to be automatically drawn to regardless of preconceived differences.

I am talking about those songs or instrumental pieces that strike a chord (sorry, couldn't help myself ☺) when you hear them for the first time.

The ones that somehow emote a power greater than any one individual. One that comes to mind is "Amazing Grace" regardless of whether one defines him or herself as religious or spiritual.

While some may wear the T-shirt before they go to the concert, once the music begins, it is the shared appreciation of the music that draws in the crowd.

"How sweet the sound..."

♥Kim

I agree with the food and music Kim although practically a free anything can attract people and conversation. I still do not think a T-shirt does it;  they can wear almost anything.

Closed to reply

working