Do you know any wedding stories from the 1940s or 1950s?

1. Molly Layton profile image81
    Molly Laytonposted 2 years ago

Do you know any wedding stories from the 1940s or 1950s?

I've been looking for some wedding stories for a while, but I can't find anything.

2. Rachel L Alba profile image94
    Rachel L Albaposted 2 years ago

I could tell you one story.  It was the early 50's and I was just a little girl about 6 years old.  My aunt was getting married and I was her flower girl.  My mother bought me a beautiful yellow gown to wear, I could still remember it.  I loved it.  Well, everything went well at the rehearsal.  The next day at the wedding when we marched down the aisle, it was still ok, but then I stepped on the lace on my gown when we had to kneel for prayer and pulled it apart in the front of my dress.  I thought it was neat because I could then play with it and no one was watching me.  Then walking down the aisle I was first again and realized that no body told me what to do when we get to the back of the church so I just kept walking and went right back in the car that I came in. lol  Nobody saw me do that and they were all looking for me, my sister finally found me sitting in the car.  I guess there was a big fuss, but to me it was a reasonable thing to do, just go back in the car I came in.  lol  The marriage tuned to be a good one and they had a set of twins and then another baby after that.

working