jump to last post 1-12 of 12 discussions (12 posts)

What music would you choose to walk down the aisle on your wedding day?

1. Emma Harvey profile image90
    Emma Harveyposted 6 years ago

What music would you choose to walk down the aisle on your wedding day?

I am getting married in a registry office in August and need to choose some music for the ceremony. I am not sure whether to choose something modern but instrumental/harp etc, something classical or something alternative. Any answers please - we need to choose! (No religious connotations) Thanks x

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/6024834_f260.jpg

2. ssmith1534 profile image72
    ssmith1534posted 6 years ago

For You by Kenny Lattimore is a wedding classic, very beautiful. Although the benefit of just classical music is that if the song is ending before it needs to, and you have to replay a song, it's not as easy to pick up it's repeated if it's instrumental. :-)

3. jacqui2011 profile image82
    jacqui2011posted 6 years ago

I would have Lionel Ritchie and Diana Ross singing "Endless Love." For me it's the perfect song and the words are so meaningful and appropriate for a wedding. I intend to marry my fiance in a year or so and this is definitely the song that I would have.

4. Earthy Mother profile image83
    Earthy Motherposted 6 years ago

DJ Sammy - Heaven is a popular choice (not the dance mix version obviously - just the girl singing)

5. smzclark profile image60
    smzclarkposted 6 years ago

'you and me' by lifehouse is the perfect wedding song! or 'the wedding song' by darla day; she sings it pretty badly though, so i bought the karaoke version and had my friend sing that one for us. We used both of those, but also used a traditional instrumental...

6. LindaSmith1 profile image60
    LindaSmith1posted 6 years ago

Have music, your favorite songs, ones that may have a special meaning to you.

7. Escobana profile image73
    Escobanaposted 6 years ago

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZycRThu … plpp_video

I believe in you and me from Whitney Houston
    Just listen and watch....It says it all!

8. jesimpki profile image95
    jesimpkiposted 6 years ago

Umm...I would have to go with "Forever" by Chris Brown, otherwise known as "the wedding song from The Office," lol.

9. moonfairy profile image77
    moonfairyposted 6 years ago

let your heart pick the music...it must be special to YOU! However, I had a simple garden wedding on a warm summer night under the full moon and my son, who could not attend, created and recorded a beautiful rendition of "Pachabel's Canon" on his guitar. It was perfect.

10. DexisView profile image74
    DexisViewposted 6 years ago

Congratulations.  Only you know your taste in music as a couple.  Don't worry so much about what would be the appropriate choice for guests, but rather what says something special about the couple that you are.

11. DanielNeff profile image59
    DanielNeffposted 6 years ago

If I were to get married again, I would probably choose, "Welcome to the Jungle" by Guns-N-Roses, because marriage is like walking through the jungle, you never know what you're going to find next, and it's real scary.

12. Emma Harvey profile image90
    Emma Harveyposted 6 years ago

I really like some of these answers, especially 'Welcome to the Jungle'. May not go for that though wink Thanks for your contributions!

working