jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

Have you ever been in a crowded room, but feels so alone? Why?

1. KenDeanAgudo profile image83
    KenDeanAgudoposted 2 years ago

Have you ever been in a crowded room, but feels so alone? Why?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/12572710_f260.jpg

2. dashingscorpio profile image88
    dashingscorpioposted 2 years ago

I believe everyone has experienced being in a room full of people and not being in the mood to be sociable (probably should have stayed home) or for some reason don't feel like you see anyone you (want) to attempt to connect with. You may feel intimidated.
    Essentially you feel you don't "fit in" or you don't like the vibe.
    In other instances sometimes people are naturally "introverted" and uncomfortable striking up conversations with strangers.
    They'd rather have someone approach them.
    Last but not least some people are arrogant or feel they're "better" than the people assembled together for one reason or another.
    "Why am I'm wasting my time with this bunch of losers." mentality.
    How we feel about ourselves, the mood we're in, and the circumstances taking place in our life determine whether or not we feel like socializing. If someone is depressed they most likely don't want to engage in meaningless conversations.
    They'd rather enjoy their drink and people watch or simply leave after making a cameo appearance.

KenDeanAgudoposted 2 years agoin reply to this

You have a great point. I love these pointers!

3. padmendra profile image46
    padmendraposted 2 years ago

Being in a crowded place and still feeling lonely , probably means when the person does not get what they expect a gathering to be. I have recently updated one of my articles on loneliness where I have pointed on the fact as well.When we do not desire to be where we are the but due to various reasons we become a part of it then feeling of this kind is obvious. In my case, I had felt it at the time when I was not with my partner for a while in the past.
    Thanks for asking this question.

You are welcome and thanks for sharing your own experiences smile

4. connorj profile image76
    connorjposted 2 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/12574481_f260.jpg

Indeed; this is rather ironic, whenever I speak at conferences this is how I try to feel as I commence my presentation. I have found this initial feeling prepares me well to win the crowd over and reveal my research.
    I simply look around in the crowd making eye contact with many as I commence explaining to my audience that for all of us our primary sense unlike bears etc. is indeed vision. I then sometimes begin discussing my bear-close encounter. Then I move on and announce counter to what many believe we are all foremost visual learners; however, it is more memorial for us to gain information in a multisensory manner and be able to associate the information with stuff already in our brain...

You have set the question into a positive perspective, yes that is a great way for you not to falter in giving a speech.. Great!

working