jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Cheating is allowed on the Ashley Madison site,do you think it should close?

1. iggy7117 profile image78
    iggy7117posted 2 years ago

Cheating is allowed on the Ashley Madison site,do you think it should close?

Hackers released personal information about people on the site.

2. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 2 years ago

People were cheating long before there was an Internet.
    Ashley Madison just made it easier for "like minded" adults to find one another. People who share the same amount of risk tend to trust one another I suppose. They also believe they're emotionally on the same page. Most cheaters aren't looking to replace one relationship with another. Their goal is to compliment what they already have.
    There is nothing about the site that is "illegal" although it may be considered immoral. I don't think it should be forced to close.
    However I bet there are lots of cheaters praying their information is not publically released! smile

3. FatFreddysCat profile image98
    FatFreddysCatposted 2 years ago

Cheating on your spouse/significant other isn't illegal. Immoral, perhaps, and totally unfair to the person being cheated upon, but not illegal.

4. lisavollrath profile image97
    lisavollrathposted 2 years ago

Cheating is not something I would ever do, nor would I want to be with a partner who cheats, but closing the site won't stop cheaters from cheating.

5. Aime F profile image84
    Aime Fposted 2 years ago

I imagine that at the very least this will scare some people away from using it in the future.

I doubt it will close altogether because people who pay money to participate in a cheating website probably aren't the brightest citizens to begin with, but it should hurt 'em a bit which is at least somewhat comforting.

working