jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

What is your opinion of the "Rico suave" man?

1. savvydating profile image95
    savvydatingposted 2 years ago

What is your opinion of the "Rico suave" man?

Do you like him, hate him, admire him....couldn't care less? If you're a man, are you a lot like him? (Rico suave men are not always Latin)
    The Urban Dictionary defines the term as someone who is "for all intended purposes: Good Looking, muscular, "macho," being totally cool toward everyone and everything, very clean and neat in appearance, a man who is 100% man: almost every lady is attracted to him because of his great charismatic ability, and when need be, he can be a real bad guy to mess with…"
    The photo below is of Pitbull, a popular rapper/singer, who is very "suave rico."

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/12695934_f260.jpg

2. gmwilliams profile image86
    gmwilliamsposted 2 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/7619162_f260.jpg

Men should have all components-good looking, scrumptious in appearance & hygiene, magnetic personality with a touch of empathy, high level of intelligence, common sense a/k/a street savvy, sophistication, socioeconomically successful, & have a high level of education.  I do not call that rico suave, I call that civilized.   Give me the civilized, cultured man anytime.  Rico suave is fun but it is not for me.  Give me the whole 9 yards as far as men are concerned.

savvydatingposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Great answer, gmwilliams!! That being said, I've met a "rico suave" or two, and if just for a time, they are "thrilling."  As for Denzel, great choice---he's awesome any way you look at him! He's also been married forever. I love that.

2. gmwilliams profile image86
      gmwilliamsposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Thank YOU!

3. savvydating profile image95

smile

3. moonfroth profile image74
    moonfrothposted 2 years ago

I've known many rico suave men in my life.  Correction, I've known many men who had the clothes and outward 'style' of a rico suave man--and the requisite gorgeous females hanging from their bodies like Playboy draperies--but when I spent more time with them, often as not their super-studliness was paper-thin, protecting a less-than-cool set of personal values and practices.  Our fragile societal values place such premium worth on facades, appearance, smoke and mirrors, we shouldn't  be surprised that it's difficult to find a man where the appearance and the reality are in seamless sync.  Diogenes is STILL walking the earth, his lamp held earnestly in front, just trying to find ONE honest man--good gawd, if the poor fellow had to find an honest man who LOOKED good as well.......he'd be doomed forever.  Hmmm, he HAS been at it for about 2500 years....guess Ghandi and the Dali Lama were off the path when he went by..

But i digress!  I went into a very high-end cocktail lounge in Vancouver late one sunny afternoon about 30 years ago--a very DARK bar in which i couldn't see a thing, beyond seeing the place was packed.  I was turning to exit when this voice from the dark said,"there's an empty stool here at the bar".  I managed to find it, and sat down beside the stranger and it took a couple of minutes of drink ordering and idle chit-chat for me to realize the guy was Clint Eastwood.  We BSed together for well over an hour and my total impression was that this was one suave rico dude in every way.  And I think my father was suave rico and two friends.  But that's it, Savvy.  I think the man who meets ALL the criteria of suave rico, is a rare animal.

I had hoped to hear from you. I thought....if anyone knows about Suave Rico, it is moonfroth....who is very likely a Suave Rico. ....Loved your story about Eastwood and your father, as well as your observations of quasi Rico's.

working