jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

Burt Reynolds announced he let one get away...None other than Sally Fields...Do

1. bluesradio profile image76
    bluesradioposted 2 years ago

Burt Reynolds announced he let one get away...None other than Sally Fields...Do you have lost love?

2. letstalkabouteduc profile image100
    letstalkabouteducposted 2 years ago

I'm sure Sally Field feels very flattered by this. But, I'm pretty sure Burt Reynolds said the same thing about Dinah Shore. He has a memoir coming out this month so this will boost sales. I know -- I sound too cynical!

As for myself, I do have a lost love. He was the one I was sure I would marry and with whom I'd have kids. It took years (and therapy) to get over him. I still miss him -- 20 years later even though I love my husband dearly.

1. bluesradio profile image76
      bluesradioposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Yes there are a few I miss as well..........

2. tsmog profile image83
      tsmogposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Hello . . . off topic do you think we are related? My Mitchell folks today are in Texas. The lineage leads to Alabama - Civil War days. Walking the battlefields of Chattanooga buried were Mitchell's on both sides. I'm in Cali, but a sister in Tigard.

3. tsmog profile image83
    tsmogposted 2 years ago

Interesting to ponder. I am remembering the series of films 'Bandit' this and that and there engaging duo. I also reflected with Sally and the film with James Garner 'Murphy's Romance'. Seems may be an example aimed at the theme of the question? Other than films I have little knowledge of Burt and Sally.

I pondered the question with reflection. I realize I may have peculiar perspective with Love and lost? loves. To me Love is a Big Picture first and is presently relationship centric. Then, there are loves along the way. Perhaps that is with many or not? Even with a marital commitment or cohabitation there may be a lost love. Maybe not?

All those sets of experiences has measurable growth one way or another (IMHO) individually and combined. For instance I have friends who love much more the before 'spouse' while others the now spouse. I do not have that experience. The before spouse for me are the Long Term Relationships ending with departure for various reasons. So, lost loves.

With that perspective I feel kinda' each contributed to the present love I enjoy with joy again is relationship centric as Love. I still love my past loves while accept hers both contributing to Love. I hope she does too while believe she does.

1. letstalkabouteduc profile image100
      letstalkabouteducposted 2 years agoin reply to this

I don't think we're related, Tim. My husband's family is from South Dakota.

4. FatFreddysCat profile image99
    FatFreddysCatposted 2 years ago

I can't say I blame Burt for regretting letting her "get away." I recently re-visited the original "Smokey and the Bandit" movie for the first time since I was a kid and dang, Sally Field was a pretty hot little number in 1977. big_smile

working