jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Which of the following options would you prefer when someone does some wrong to

1. Sakshi Davessar profile image67
    Sakshi Davessarposted 2 years ago

Which of the following options would you prefer when someone does some wrong to you?

1. Take a revenge for what has been done to you

2. Leave everything on God ( as God will take action on your behalf ) and stop talking to that  person

3. Forgive the person and give a good start to your relation

Also, tell me if you may take different options in different scenarios ( i.e according to the situations )

2. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 2 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/12761452_f260.jpg

It really depends on what the "wrong" is.
    Spreading lies, getting you fired, cheating on you, stealing money from your bank accounts, physically hitting you, keying your car, having you put in jail for abuse which never took place....etc
    There are so many ways people hurt one another and any of them might be met with a different response or consequence.
    However by and large whether it's through a legal channel or me personally taking action odds are I'd probably go with #1 for anything major. Clearly ending the relationship would be a top priority.
    If it is something very minute I may "forgive" but I won't {forget} because that would set me up to be fooled again.
    I like to learn from my mistakes!
    Each of us (chooses) our own friends, lovers, and spouse.
    We get to (choose) who we spend our time with.
    Hopefully I will have become wiser with my selection of  those I consider to be "trustworthy people"  in the future.

Sakshi Davessarposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Amazing quote in the picture. Thank you for your precious time and response. I admire the way you think. Great answer !

3. manatita44 profile image84
    manatita44posted 2 years ago

Well Bro, Yesterday I swore and left the job. I don't think I've sworn all my life. But I did yesterday. Today, I called the girl concerned and said that I would not be coming back, but you know, I was almost back to normal and I apologised for yesterday. She was ok.

We cannot leave everything to God. A disturbed Heart is a disturbed Heart, and Gods is inside it. So how can we please or inspire the Entity within? Prayer is a good start, and within prayer lies the forgiveness of which you speak. Again, if one is generally in a good space, the angry outburst will be short-lived and one wonders what it was all about the next day.

Yes, situations vary and for good reason. Some are bigger than us and it may not be prudent to attack. Some are the opposite, too vulnerable, and we can unintentionally crush them. Yet again, the environment may not be right. Interestingly, we always say that one should do this or that, but in the heat of the moment, we sometimes take a course which may even be alien, to our own nature.

Revenge is never a good thing. However, it is sometimes necessary to hiss, like Ramakrishna's snake, or people may think us vulnerable or weak and attack us. Overall, Love has been and history shows that it continues to be the greatest force. Hope that helps.

Sakshi Davessarposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Fabulous !
      Thank you for a great comment.
      Yes i appreciate your love for God. Very true that revenge is not  a good thing and that love heals everything

working