jump to last post 1-21 of 21 discussions (43 posts)

I've lost 2 fans over the past 2 days. What wrong have I done?

1. Haunty profile image80
    Hauntyposted 8 years ago

Who are you people and why are you leaving my fanclub? sad

1. tantrum profile image60
      tantrumposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Maybe they weren't leaving your fanclub, maybe they left hubpages ? smile

2. nicomp profile image58
      nicompposted 8 years agoin reply to this

That sweater gives me pause.

3. Harvey Stelman profile image58
      Harvey Stelmanposted 8 years agoin reply to this

You're joking,right!

1. Rochelle Frank profile image89
        Rochelle Frankposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Some people delete themselves from the site (or are banned for some reason). Might this delete their fanmail as well?

Like others said-- it's not something to lose sleep over. You will collect a lot more fans. It does not have a lot (or perhaps not any) effect on your earnings.

4. Marisa Wright profile image95
      Marisa Wrightposted 8 years agoin reply to this

There's a thread going on in the "Need Help" section about how "famming" (spamming by joining too many fan clubs) hurts your HubScore.  Maybe some of the culprits are cutting back.

5. racemels32 profile image60
      racemels32posted 8 years agoin reply to this

There buddy you gained one.

6. Helen Cater profile image71
      Helen Caterposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I will become your fan on my way over now.

2. frogdropping profile image86
    frogdroppingposted 8 years ago

Haunty I've lost a few. Good innit big_smile

I've gained some more though. Want some?

*poor haunty*

Hauntyposted 8 years agoin reply to this

lol no, it's just that... ... smile
      I always think I did something wrong when it happens.

1. frogdropping profile image86
        frogdroppingposted 8 years agoin reply to this

You do? Oh. I don't. I just think ... nothing. People come and go, change their minds, fall out with you (it happens, even if you don't know it) and so on.

I doubt you've done anything wrong!

3. Davinagirl3 profile image61
    Davinagirl3posted 8 years ago

I lost one yesterday, but I think it was Andrew Marr.  Was he on your fan list?

I don't know. I think he wasn't. I don't remember fans who don't leave comments.

MM - thanks, I'll try to look at it like that.

4. Mighty Mom profile image88
    Mighty Momposted 8 years ago

Don't take it too personally, Haunty. For every fan you piss off, there's another waiting to take their place.
    Look at it like a love relationship. It's not you -- it's THEM. Really, it is.

5. darkside profile image81
    darksideposted 8 years ago

The only thing you're doing wrong is caring about two people who you don't know anything about.

1. relache profile image87
      relacheposted 8 years agoin reply to this

This.

2. WeddingConsultant profile image68
      WeddingConsultantposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Exactly

6. Haunty profile image80
    Hauntyposted 8 years ago

That was what I thinking yesterday when one fan was missing. Now that two are gone I started to get confused.

It may be coincidence.

I'm not really concerned about the two, rather - as I said - about myself.

But as frog suggests, it's a dumb thing to do anyway. smile

7. wrenfrost56 profile image80
    wrenfrost56posted 8 years ago

I think maybe they just left hubpages, don't take it personally. Me and 112 other people are still your fans! Love up your work by the way!

8. profile image0
    ryankettposted 8 years ago

Have you considered that some people add lots of hubbers in the hope that you add them back (fanning) and then they go back and delete the ones that they have added, to cut down on the number of hubpages emails?

And then there are the masses of copyright cheats and underage hubbers that add a few people and then get caught.

I bet that for every 10 fans you will lose, only 1 would have fallen out of love with your style.

9. Mighty Mom profile image88

Ryankett: That seems awfully high. More like for every 100 lost hubbers 1 leaves because he/she falls out of love with the Hubber's style. Gosh -- Are hubbers that fickle? I think I would feel very sad indeed if I knew my fans had fallen out of love with me:-). Guess I'm not as thick-skinned as I pretend:-).

1. profile image0
      ryankettposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I just joined your fanclub, left again, and then joined once more. All in the space of 10 seconds.

Just to demonstrate exactly how fickle I myself can be ;-)

1. nicomp profile image58

You need to take a position. We hardly know where you stand. wink

1. profile image0

I think I'm going to stay in her fan club, I may sacrifice another 'membership' to accomodate! big_smile

1. nicomp profile image58
  10. Mighty Mom profile image88

Ryankett: That seems awfully high. More like for every 100 lost hubbers 1 leaves because he/she falls out of love with the Hubber's style. Gosh -- Are hubbers that fickle? I think I would feel very sad indeed if I knew my fans had fallen out of love with me:-). Guess I'm not as thick-skinned as I pretend:-).

11. livewithrichard profile image83
    livewithrichardposted 8 years ago

Well Huanty, you just got a new fan.  I think everyone here should read your hub on writing challenges.  They really do help generate ideas.

1. manlypoetryman profile image63
      manlypoetrymanposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I went and joined as a fan...just after seeing so many hubbers that support you and your writing...(though I'll have to read some of your stuff when i get a moment!) Good Fortune...with all the fans that are loyal to you and your writings!

12. sunforged profile image63
    sunforgedposted 8 years ago

"cutting down on hub email" - you realize you can disable email alerts?

1. profile image0

No I didnt to be honest, but since I do not indulge in this 'fanning' phenomenom.... it doesnt really matter to me! I like to see who is keeping busy. Getting about 30 emails in a day telling me that Darkside had published a hub was particularly intriguing!

13. Zsuzsy Bee profile image87
    Zsuzsy Beeposted 8 years ago

Haunty don't let it bother you. You will find many more fans along the way.
    regards Zsuzsy

14. yoshi97 profile image80
    yoshi97posted 8 years ago

I regret that I must bring you bad news Haunty ...

Those two fans that you lost ... I ate them ...

I sorry ... me bad sad

15. NiceBlogger profile image66
    NiceBloggerposted 8 years ago

Don't worry Haunty,you gained one now smile

16. earnestshub profile image88
    earnestshubposted 8 years ago

I checked Haunty, I am still a fan. smile I have only lost a couple in twelve months, and they left hubpages. Probably the same for you, I would not worry, you have good hubs. smile

17. Haunty profile image80
    Hauntyposted 8 years ago

This is the first time it happened and my inexperience made me start this thread. Thank you all. Now I'm a bit wiser. smile

yoshi - It's nice to know what happened to the fans, but please don't eat any more people. smile

1. profile image0
      ralwusposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Actually Haunty, I think the toad ate them as you know he is turning into a cannibal on whos loving you.

2. yoshi97 profile image80
      yoshi97posted 8 years agoin reply to this

I'll try my best ... smile

18. charanjeet kaur profile image60
    charanjeet kaurposted 8 years ago

I had genuinely found my way to your hubs, and became your fan for a lifetime. So this hubber wont leave you till hubpages shuts down but i know this will not happen :p lol...I have had 175 fans till yesterday today 174 guess they just vanished boom its all magic like the hubscore.

19. profile image48
    badcompany99posted 8 years ago

I wouldnt worry they are not really fans or each time you posted a hub you would have at least over 100 reads by the fans you have now. Most just add to build up a number, fan should add a letter and change a letter, then ya got it ....FAKE !

There are of course true fans so you lot calm down ok, I don't mean you smile

You have a point. smile I don't worry about not getting too many reads from my fans, because if I'm honest with myself - and I like to be - I know that my recent hubs are really not that good. And apart from that if you are someone's fan that doesn't mean you have to be interested in every topic he or she writes about. I find that I tend to be a fan of the person rather then their writing. But that's just me.

charanjeet kaur - thanks, lol hp is not shutting down as far as I can sense.

Helen - thanks, and good luck with your online endeavors. smile

20. profile image0
    Louidam1posted 8 years ago

I think there are some people leaving hubpages.  No biggy...you should get new fans in no time.

21. cindyvine profile image89
    cindyvineposted 8 years ago

I think the cookie monster ate them.

1. yoshi97 profile image80
      yoshi97posted 8 years agoin reply to this

Ah ... so now you arrive with the cover story to get me off the hook for eating them, but alas ... too late ... I already confessed. sad

working