jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (11 posts)

Do women spend more hours working than men?

1. DDE profile image25
    DDEposted 24 months ago

Do women spend more hours working than men?

Family life has changed do you think man and woman need to spend an equal amount of time working around the house and in taking care of the kids?

2. Michaela Osiecki profile image79
    Michaela Osieckiposted 24 months ago

I think both parents should have an equal responsibility in child-rearing and household management. Especially since both genders typically now work - why should the woman be expected to work hard at her paid job all day only to come home and work hard at her unpaid (and typically under-appreciated) job all by herself?

1. DDE profile image25
      DDEposted 24 months agoin reply to this

Michaela Thank you and you are so right!  ''Why should the woman be expected to work hard at her paid job all day only to come home and work hard at her unpaid (and typically under-appreciated) job all by herself?''  I appreciate your answer.

3. tamarawilhite profile image92
    tamarawilhiteposted 24 months ago

Women do more unpaid labor like childcare and eldercare and housework, men do more, on average, paid labor in the workforce.

1. DDE profile image25

Interesting that men do an equal amount of work  also so much has changed in this modern day and families are working together. Thank you.

4. KoffeeKlatch Gals profile image80
    KoffeeKlatch Galsposted 24 months ago

DDE,

I believe that both  men and women are sharing the at home responsibilities more.  I know in my own home my husband is working around the house as I work out of the house.  We both seem to sort of share the load.  Of course, our children are out of the house.  If we still had young ones around I believe we would still share the work load.  I have seen a change in the way families relate now.  My daughters and their husbands are equal partners when taking care of their children.

1. DDE profile image25

Hi KoffeeKlatch Glas thank you for sharing your answer. It 's  helpful and to know  partners are into helping around the home. Some won't even pick up  a plate after eating.

5. Michael-Milec profile image61
    Michael-Milecposted 24 months ago

Depends. It's a cultural phenomena: My mom never stopped working and my dad was 24/7 tending farms animals and cultivating farm land a year-round . Both were working long hours , and both were active to the " last hour". After working day, went to sleep, and didn't get up. Mom mid seventy and a Dad at eighty seven. In our culture we have learned from our parents to "love" each other by " giving" and " sharing." To answer directly, women spend much more hours working on average. Have  you considered " hard work" being pregnant for full nine months !? with the other 'normal' everyday responsibilities around  the house and  outside the house. I wish to know that first time. Men are just not ' gifted' in taking care of the kids as women do. Mom's have the heart of God, they feel and love more closely and do react more tenderly. While ' we" take care for all the rest around house, in the house, and  always plan family fun / trips and vacations ALL family together. We were bringing our children to the banquets, if the children were  not allowed, we all stayed home.
    Well, we do not believe in 'retirement ' - which means , your question won't be easily answered, because as long as we are active, we live - long hours.

1. DDE profile image25

I so agree with you. I didn't know much of hard work but when I moved to Croatia I learned how woman work around the house till they go to bed. I don't do that but have observed it. We are a helpful three at  home. Thank you.

6. delancooper profile image79
    delancooperposted 24 months ago

In general, yes, but now everything has changed. Sometimes a man spends an hour working around the house more than woman.

1. DDE profile image25

Delan Cooper thank you and have seen that too.

working