"Art is the only way to run away without leaving home". When was the first time

1. threekeys profile image80
    threekeysposted 21 months ago

"Art is the only way to run away without leaving home". When was the first time you.....

...wanted to or did? Did you really wanted to leave home or was it more you wanted someone to tell you "I love you. I want you to stay".

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/13034878_f260.jpg

2. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 21 months ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13035091_f260.jpg

When someone reaches the point of leaving a long-term relationship or marriage it will take more than words to make them stay.
    This is especially true if there have been previous discussions about their wants and needs which have gone unaddressed over time.
    There are 2 reasons why someone won't give what you've asked for
    1. They don't have it to give. (In other words it's not who they are.)
    2. They don't believe (you) are worth the effort to give it to.
    If someone is "in love" with you they want you to be happy.
    Generally speaking people don't change unless (they) are unhappy.
    Therefore if one decides to stay it's best to do so without expectations their mate is going to "change" because they won't.
    There are only two ways to experience joy and peace of mind in relationships: We either get what we want or we learn to be happy with what we have. Accept them (as is) or move on.
    The choice is up to us!
    If you want something different (you) have to do something different.
    "Never love anyone who treats you like you're ordinary."
    - Oscar Wilde

1. threekeys profile image80
      threekeysposted 20 months agoin reply to this

I love that Oscar Wilde quote. Yes I  don't like giving in to or giving up to "the mundane". Though for me i can relish those moments where there is unsaid ease and peace that we are like a pair of "comfortable shoes" together...synchronized harmony.

working