This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: "https://hubpages.com/privacy-policy#gdpr"

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (11 posts)

Men and Women, How Can We Restore The Likability or Value of The Female Gender?

1. threekeys profile image81
    threekeysposted 23 months ago

Men and Women, How Can We Restore The Likability or Value of The Female Gender?

It can be in the workplace females interpret and copy their version of patriachy and internalize it becoming in my opinion worse than a misogynist male. Businesses/workplaces are still largely based on a military styled model. Gender equity means being fair to men and women. Equity leads to equality. Gender equality is having equal access to opportuntities that is neither dependent on nor constrained by sex. So how can we stop hating the female gender and improve their likability?

2. Matthew Woolsey profile image69
    Matthew Woolseyposted 23 months ago

As woman wants the same benefits as a man has not matter what it is, woman has equal right the same as men do. Woman has almost all but forgotten the traditional female roles in males lives.

threekeysposted 23 months agoin reply to this

When you say traditional do you mean old world patriachy? If so? That spells a one way dominating relationship to me. Personally I dont resonate with that.But if it works in a responsive and healthy way for you in your relationships-all good then.

3. tamarawilhite profile image91
    tamarawilhiteposted 23 months ago

If you want to make a real difference per feminist values, challenge the political correctness that says don't question or challenge Islam.
    ISIS has sex slaves. Boko Haram has sex slaves. Why are feminists silent beyond the "bring back our girls" hash tag?
    Muslim nations from Pakistan to "moderate" UAE jail rape victims for having had sex outside of marriage. Feminists are silent.
    Muslims are responsible for 90% of the world's honor killings, often for women choosing spouses, sometimes for simply dating or talking to a man on the phone. That is true patriarchy. Yet feminists are silent.
    Feminists are overwhelmingly silent on female genital mutilation, mostly done by African Muslims though some animists as well, and if they mention it, they lump in circumcision as if the minor male version is equal to the horrific female version. Slicing off organs from women in order to prevent them from enjoying sex, while the girls sometimes bleed to death or die from infection, because men want to know the women won't cheat as a result ... and feminists rarely say anything, much less fight it.
    It is easier to complain about man-spreading, men making more when doing the harder physical or more dangerous jobs. But it is hard to take feminists seriously when they focus on micro issues that don't matter while ignoring horrible atrocities done to women in the developing world, where multiculturalism trumps women's most basic rights.

I am overwhelmed by all that is happening yet all I can do is within my everyday world. I opened up the conversation to see what everyday things we can do. Feminist label means man hater. I am not. I am for evening things up where I can. Where then?

2. tamarawilhite profile image91
      tamarawilhiteposted 23 months agoin reply to this

We need to focus on real justice about real issues, though it requires dumping multi-culturalism and punishing Muslims who throw acid on women who don't veil, perform FGM on daughters, bomb schools.

4. dashingscorpio profile image86
    dashingscorpioposted 23 months ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/13061972_f260.jpg

In all honesty there have been great strides in the workplace over the last century or so at least in the U.S. Some of the biggest {Fortune 500} companies have women CEOs (General Motors, Xerox, IBM, Oracle Software, Hewlett Packard, PepsiCo,  Duke Energy and Lockheed Martin) to name a few. There many self-made millionaires who are women in addition those reaching heights in politics (mayors, governors, congresswomen, senators, and even a major party nomination for U. S. presidency.) Who'd believe that 50 years ago?
    By no means am I'm suggesting we've reached nirvana.
    However when you consider women weren't even allowed to vote in the U.S. until 1919 it's impossible to ignore the progress women have made. I imagine there's a little girl who believes anything is possible.
    Having said that we may never see real equality among the rank and file population because most people really view equality as mediocrity or "average".
    What people really want is an equal opportunity to become "special".
    Factors such as one's personality, education, network of friends/family, drive, ambition, {sacrifice, and persistence} along with the support of loved ones can make a major difference.
    It's been said: "Success leaves clues."
    One of the best ways to succeed is finding a mentor or learning about someone who has accomplish what you hope to and find out how (they) did it.
    In all honesty most men don't reach the top in any field.
    They don't call it "the 1%" for nothing. Lots of men punch a clock and look forward to Friday to start their weekend. They have no plan.

I hadn't compared the meaning of equality with mediocrity....that's food for thought...

5. Cheeky Girl profile image72
    Cheeky Girlposted 23 months ago

The universal question as to why men and women can't find a common middle ground is due to many different agendas being served by each side. Besides simple competition, since men are afraid of women being able to be just as good if not better at that particular job, there is always the matter of trust and respect. Or the lack thereof.

The woman has to prove herself more in the work place than a man does. The military model you mention is a masculine model of authority.

The woman is always catching up in some regards, but in some careers women are ahead. Look at how many women are CEOs of businesses, or political leaders of a country.

The majority of Media platforms are run by a small bunch of people, just six companies run all the media in the USA. Breaking through that wall of perceptions and ascribed values and assumptions reveals the wide gap between what is versus what should be.

We all know better than to believe that women have the same access to things that men have. Worldwide views prove this is not the case. Women in middle eastern countries can not drive cars or be pilots. Other women are not allowed to vote. In some countries women are put in train carriages for women only for reasons of protection when traveling. And fighting for rights and for justice for women is a permanent struggle for women in African and middle eastern countries.

Whatever the constraint is that blocks women, call it out, find its origins, and its roots. Find who is behind it. You won't be very surprised when you find out in the end. But women should never just roll over and give in. Women will always be pushing for their rights and entitlements, because the other option of being a slave to a system that is unfair is just unworkable. That system is broken.

Valid points. Yes a female seems  "to have do a lot more work" to obtain the similar or same amount of  credibility as a male. Media here to me seems to be forever putting the onus on the female to change or adapt. Not the male. I'm over it!

6. Brynn Thorssen profile image90
    Brynn Thorssenposted 23 months ago

I'm not sure that women aren't likable.  What a strange thing to say.

I would say that men tend to stick together much more than women do, which is why even the worst men get support after even the most heinous acts.

working