jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

If ur girl friend's parents is racist and oppose her marry non white, what would

1. profile image60
    peter565posted 20 months ago

If ur girl friend's parents is racist and oppose her marry non white, what would u do?

It isn't long ago, only during the era when our parents are young, certain white parents, are ok, with their sons marrying a non white women, but not ok if their daughter marry a man who is not white, this also contribute to the imbalance ratio of white man/Asian women couple vs Asian man/white woman couple. Bruce Lee and his wife Linda Lee met the same problem, Linda Lee's mother oppose her marring a non white, but she married Bruce Lee anyway. If it is me, I probably break up with my gf, to avoid tension between her and her parents, if it is u, what would u do?

2. tamarawilhite profile image91
    tamarawilhiteposted 20 months ago

Find out if the issue is racial or cultural. If they don't like someone coming from a lower class, then don't dress like a gang-banger and more like a missionary - and they may like the guy better.
    If it is purely racial, then you won't fit in and should move on, because these matters will only get worse when there are children.
    Let's look at some of their concerns: when fewer than 10% of black guys who get a white girl pregnant marry her - and then society pushes the child to be loyal to the ethnic group that abandoned the mother and child. That's worse than the 80% illegitimacy rate for black children.
    If you demonstrate you're interested in marriage and commitment, then you may be accepted. If you aren't interested in a long term relationship, you should move on.

1. profile image60
      peter565posted 20 months agoin reply to this

This actually remind me of this Chris Rock stand up comedy another day, it is comedy but he actually made a few good points https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJp2ZQx … kXzYGDON08

3. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 20 months ago

Life is a (personal) journey.
    If you love someone and they meet (your) requirements for being a life partner then it's (your) call. I didn't get to choose who my parents married and they should have no say in who I marry.
    Each of us gets to (choose our own) friends, lovers, and spouse.
    I'm responsible for my own happiness!