jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Is it so hard?

1. profile image58
    Life at 18posted 19 months ago

Is it so hard?

My current boyfriend asks for soo much from me babe can you rub my back babe can you go get me food or babe can you get this for me. I an currently in the process of trying to find a job and he's so annoying I got bills to pay and that dosent mean catch his food bill...I tell him I don't feel good and he says "you'll be fine" like he doesn't care.. It seems impossible for him to actually put in the effort to care. I care about his life is it so hard for him to do the same? Obviously. Don't get me wrong he has some perks to him but he's just so demanding and to be honest it turns me off.

2. nochance profile image93
    nochanceposted 19 months ago

Talk about it. Let him know what you find annoying. Use "I feel" statements to better get your point across. Example: "I feel like you don't care about my well being." I feel like you don't notice me."

All the advice in the world won't help you if you don't communicate.

3. tamarawilhite profile image91
    tamarawilhiteposted 19 months ago

Tell him what you want him to do in return. In some cases, tell him how him doing these things improves your mood and reward him with praise, attention.

4. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 19 months ago

All you can do is ask for what you want.
    Having said that don't be too shocked if you don't get it.
    Communication isn't an "ask and it shall be given" proposition.
    Very few people are walking around with one hand raised in the air screaming: "I'm looking for someone to change me!"
    Expecting someone to become who they are not usually causes us frustration and causes the other person resentment.
    The goal is to find someone who (already is) the type you want.
    If you're in a relationship where everything has to be "about them" it sounds very one-sided to me. When someone is "into you" they tend to do more (giving) than taking. They really want (you) to be happy!
    A true "taker" will drain you of everything if you allow them to.

5. manatita44 profile image83
    manatita44posted 19 months ago

I would like to say that it does not feel right. However, I would ask you to introspect...have a look at where you are going; what you want or are looking for.

What scares you? Do you feel alone or insecure? Are you satisfied? is there something that you can do better? How is your self-worth? How much can this man nourish your growth? enrichen you?

Anything that makes you weak, reject like poison; that which makes you strong, then hold on to it. Why would you wish to remain tied in a dark tunnel, if you were given an opportunity to follow a streak of Light? That ability to follow the Light requires 'Will.' Do you feel this?