jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Do men recover from breakups faster than woman?

1. profile image56
    Natashabeesleyposted 18 months ago

Do men recover from breakups faster than woman?

2. thumbi7 profile image65
    thumbi7posted 18 months ago

I doubt. It doesn't matter whether you are a man or a woman
    If you were sincerely involved in a relationship, it is very hard to go through break ups
    But some times the other person seems to have no feelings at all

3. starsweightloss profile image42
    starsweightlossposted 18 months ago

I think it can go both ways, it depends on the individual person. However I think that men will carry more resentment from the break up and sometimes refuse to open up his heart when he gets into a new relationship. Men don't just share their heart with anyone, they keep it protected.

4. princemaxp profile image66
    princemaxpposted 18 months ago

Well men are more sensitive & emotional.  Men looks tough in outside because they guard their heart, but when they became involve in true relationship they have to let down their guard. So it take more time for them to recover from a breakup.

5. dashingscorpio profile image86
    dashingscorpioposted 18 months ago

Recovery has nothing to do with gender.
    Generally speaking the person who got dumped has the hardest time recovering. One exception might be if she or he were caught cheating or committed some other "deal breaker" in the eyes of their mate.
    In that scenario the (betrayed person) ending the relationship is more likely to need more time to recover from the breakup even though they initiated it. Whomever is "caught off guard" by the details leading up to breakup tends to take the longest to recover.

6. Aaliyah Love33 profile image60
    Aaliyah Love33posted 18 months ago

It all depends on what kind of relationship you had in the first place. But going by the men that I have witnessed going through a break, no. Especially if the relationship meant a lot to them. I know for me I never recovered from my first breakup , I just learned to deal with it.

7. Ben716 profile image88
    Ben716posted 14 months ago

Men don't recover quickly from relationships as opposed to women. However, they usually tend to move on after a break up more quickly than women. Men are always on the move but recovering from something it takes them long to get over it.
    Also it depends with the personality of the person such as if he is very sensitive, the length of the relationship and how much he was committed.