jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

How do you build an audience online?

1. Carol Beadle profile image60
    Carol Beadleposted 11 months ago

How do you build an audience online?

2. ajwrites57 profile image86
    ajwrites57posted 11 months ago

I think it takes a lot of time. Comment and share other's posts across networks (Hubpages,Twitter, G+, Facebook, tumblr, etc). Comment on a lot of posts that have similar interests to the type of work you share. A  good sense of humor and a willingness to learn, help others and try new things. Major in one or two platforms but don't neglect the others. I'm no expert, but I found these practices to be helpful. Good luck, Carol.

Carol Beadleposted 11 months agoin reply to this

I think it defiantly takes a lot of time, especially when you first start out. I have been on Facebook a few years now. Up until recently I started looking into building an audience for my blog or even a product. Its difficult to keep on track.

2. ajwrites57 profile image86
      ajwrites57posted 11 months agoin reply to this

Carol, just came across an article on SocialMediaToday website.
      How to Create a Robust Social Media Marketing Plan in 2017.

3. Kierstin Gunsberg profile image99
    Kierstin Gunsbergposted 11 months ago

AJ is right, it takes time. This month, I've been writing on HubPages now for 4 years and have built up a solid audience. Write consistently, write quality, reply to comments, and leave some of your own. That's the best way I've found to build an audience. I do share my Hubs on Facebook occasionally, but mostly Pinterest. I'm hearing others are having success on Flipboard too. I still need to take the time to explore it though.

Carol Beadleposted 11 months agoin reply to this

I have never used HubPages before, just my blog. Its taken some time to get set up and get content rolling in. With so many social media sites I wonder how people keep track. I use Facebook a lot now and joined Instagram in last 2 weeks.

4. Marisa Wright profile image97
    Marisa Wrightposted 11 months ago

You've asked this question on the HubPages site.  HubPages is a good place to earn income from articles but it's not a good place to build a loyal audience.  Unlike blogging, it's not possible for readers to follow a particular author on HubPages (followers on HP are other writers, for networking, not readers).  You  make money on HP because readers find specific Hubs on Google Search, visit and read, and possibly never come back again. 

To build an audience online, you need to be able to create a blog with a LOT of USEFUL content on ONE broad subject area.  You then create a Facebook page on that one subject, join forums on that subject, and post regularly so you become known as an authority on that subject.

If you don't have a subject you can do that with, then you won't ever build an audience.  And it's a full time job even then.

working