jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Do men still think that women need to know how to cook and will we ever break th

1. solivagant profile image80
    solivagantposted 6 months ago

Do men still think that women need to know how to cook and will we ever break those chains?

2. lisavollrath profile image95
    lisavollrathposted 6 months ago

Well, I don't think we can paint all men with the same brush, because it depends on how they were raised. Some men prefer to be with a woman that plays a more traditional role in the relationship, and other men don't. Some women prefer to be with men who can cook.

And to be fair, everyone should know how to cook, if for no other reason than there's something really lovely about having your partner cook a meal for you. Everyone should be able to cook something, even if it's just pasta and sauce from a jar.

3. Terrielynn1 profile image94
    Terrielynn1posted 6 months ago

Yes Lisa. We all should know how to cook. My chldren and grandchildren have been taught how to cook. Most of the people I know the women does most of the cooking. It depends on the way the house works and who is at home the most. I think it's not good to see so many who cannot cook. Maybe the problem lies with thinking of cooking as chains. Why wouldn't they want to know how to cook? Feeding our families is important.

4. Besarien profile image85
    Besarienposted 6 months ago

All adults needs to know how to cook - and fix a toilet, change a diaper, do their taxes, build a shelf, fix a flat, pick up the house. Find a partner who can take good care of himself. Then if one of you falls ill or is running late, you can help by picking up the slack.

No one should have to do all of something, like cooking or cleaning, by themselves, not for two people nor an entire family. Set good examples to your children by showing them how mom and dad cooperate and get things done.

Teach chores and personal responsibility to your kids. Get them helping to keep the house clean and orderly as soon as they are old enough to learn how to pair socks or fold towels. Make a fun game of family projects, like cleaning out the garage or planting a garden. Housework doesn't have to be drudgery! If the whole family helps, it won't be.