Do Women need Men more than women need men?

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (29 posts)
  1. profile image58
    plofloozposted 14 years ago

I just wanted to spin this differently unless its been done.
    The "Women need men like a fish needs a bicycle." Has been an
    in joke for years especially since fish don't ride bicycles
    men and women do. Its like a for fish bikes don't exist.

So are women really saying beyond the cute joke:
    If there really came a time where through some horrible fluke
    all men became sterile,women fertile only able to reproduce females plus men died of a plague that exclusively attacks male chromosomes could women survive?

I hate to say it but I believe women would survive because of their organizational abilities. Now whether before or after the last male is killed off by disease, old age, suicide, or homicide is debatable.

Also it the same happened to women men also have the means to survive. You know when men do great near impossible things when they must. If women were to vanish from the globe in less than two generations men too would survive.

Both sexes can and would survive without the other the psychic pain would twist and contort them and a new strange society would emerge but both sexes if either were extinct the other would carry on. It would be single sexed but wouldn't go extinct.
    That's what I believe. Any comments time for both sexes to speak up.

1. profile image53
      scullionsposted 14 years agoin reply to this
  2. profile image53
    sum1thatcaresposted 14 years ago

Personally a women needs a man and a man needs a women to reproduce.

A woman needs a man for sexual relations.

But does a women need a man for anything else? No...

In order to live my life and achieve my personal goals all i need is myself and belief that i can do it. I dont need a man for this. I dont need a mans love as I have enough love from family and friends and my child.

Men need women as they need the womens touch and compassion that a women offers thats why most guys are known as mummys boys. 
    Men NEED womens flesh.  They think about her flesh near enough most of the day. 

Women on the other hand are not normally motivated by sex.  Women are more complicated than men as majority of men are the same (not refering to all behaviour but with regards to sex and women) Where as women can find comfort in other things.

That is just my personal opinion

3. Jane Dee Summers profile image61
    Jane Dee Summersposted 14 years ago

Darlings you seems to have 0 hubs and 0 fans, and answering your own questions. Are you man or women or man and women.

I'm all woman, and I would think the worst for a man would be if we humans lived in the wild and there was only one dominant male.

And the worst for the women, if the old bugger couldn't cover all the females.

What a question? We need you, you need us!

1. prettydarkhorse profile image62
      prettydarkhorseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lolol.I agree...we all need each other

4. myownworld profile image73
    myownworldposted 14 years ago

ok..my head spins now. wasn't there a similar thread going around: do men need women more than women need men, or something like that? or was that another tongue twister?!

lolol, morning myownworld, maybe ur atill dizzy from the other thread yesterday  with maximus on it!!

1. myownworld profile image73
        myownworldposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol...yeah, it' hard work these threads....am definitely beginning to feel a little bruised and dizzy now!
        (maybe, I need to take a break for a while...but then I start suffering from withdrawal symptoms...hell, it's an addiction!)

5. profile image0
    Poppa Bluesposted 14 years ago

I could enjoy the company of a woman right now! To hold her in my warm embrace and inhale the scent of her soft hair as I trail kisses from behind her ear. To feel her heart beating against my naked chest, her nails running lightly down my back and then a pause as we lock our gaze and our lips begin to drift closer together and anticipation becomes knowing and nothing else matters!

1. Health Tips Woman profile image60
      Health Tips Womanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You sound so romantic. You should write a song about this. I think women need men as much as men need woman.

2. prettydarkhorse profile image62

to myownworld, oh no, dont leave me here at hubpages, just keep addicted..lol

to poppa blues..wow you do write erotic stuff well, you should do more hubs on that.. it is filled with passion....

1. profile image0
        Poppa Bluesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thanks! I love passion! I love that feeling when you connect with another soul when you're so lost in intimacy that nothing else exists, when in that instant when all is lost and two are one! I have written many stories not just about passion, and love but about sex, and pleasure. I just don't think I could post them here. They're too graphic for hubs.

Can you post them in another site? people who are passionate have vivid imagination and they are lost in the world most of the times? imagination runs wild, but I love reading things like that, could not write as vivid as the way you do though..

1. profile image0

I could I guess... or you can email me if you like.

3. Paradise7 profile image70
      Paradise7posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Popa Blues already said it all.  Love from Paradise.  cool

4. profile image0
      poetlorraineposted 14 years agoin reply to this

so how do we find you.....

6. myownworld profile image73
    myownworldposted 14 years ago

lol...there u go poppa! you've got the attention of two beautiful women (HT and pretty)...now enjoy!

7. profile image0
    Justine76posted 14 years ago

didnt we already do this?

To Poppa Blues, toatlly off subject, but I wanted to tell you something..
    last week you told me to go to the library to find a friend..and to be honest at the time I was like...what? you arent even alllowed to talk at the library, then 2 nights ago it popped into my head, and I thought...oh  yeah..they have activities!! like knitting and bookclubs and stuff...so..like I said my town doesn't have a library, but 2 neigboring towns do. On Thursday I ge the car and Ill be going to the library to get a schedule of events. I wanted to say thank you, for the advice!! smile

Men need vs. Women need, well....what differance does it make?

1. profile image0

Yeah that's exactly what I was talking about! They have book clubs and such. Our library even has free concerts! It's the place to start when you're looking for people with like interests in your community. Also, there is the local school and the adult education offerings.

1. profile image0
        Justine76posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Its just cuz we dont have a library I forgot about the clubs. BUT I rememberd!!YAY!!! the next town over does free concerts in the park in the summer, but we are far off from summer now..oh well..next sumemr, right? in the meantime, I am excited to go get the winter schedule of events, just gotta convince hubby its worth the gas money and him putting hthe kids to bed once a week....

about the original question...
        here is what I have decided..human beings need contact with ohter like minded human beings...man or woman, people need some kind of connection to each other.

2. prettydarkhorse profile image62

ms justine, hi, you need to write some more. I am new here to the HP and I write already a lot, but these are all my notes in the past years. I get so addicted and I kept on writing the whole day, but i need to go out soon also, I need a life to say, I am just sharing this, as it gets cold, no choice again but to just stay at home, I dont work at this time and I want to write and write until I get burned out..then start again...at times I sing in my karaoke music here lol, just sharing to you this info....can I be your fan also?

1. profile image0

Oh, Jeeze, did you really just ask permission to be my fan?
        I could kiss your feet! It is cold here too. You do need a life, but writing helps, you will never be burned out for long!! I have written so much more, and it will be back. I am a slow typist is all, and its all in my head....

yes i already click to be your fan.. i like the way you narrate stories, am not like that...i like the way poppa blues write his passions too in writing...i am more of details like that sort of thing...

1. profile image0

thanks. I am your fan too. Details are good dont worry about it. You are you, and no one else is. Be proud!! I am prolly going now, as I have a tendency to hijack threads, and I dont mean too, but I see this is drifting off topic...

8. Flightkeeper profile image66
    Flightkeeperposted 14 years ago

The day that women don't need men and men don't need women is a sad day indeed.  What would be the point of being here?

Is there that much animosity between the sexes that the original question was asked?

1. Sue Adams profile image95
      Sue Adamsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hear, hear Flightkeeper.

Apart from the obvious, I (being a woman) need men to lift heavy loads and drive the land digger and build me bridges and the Tajmahal and things like that. Men need women to love them and be nice to them so they willingly carry on lifting heavy loads and drive the land digger and build us bridges and the Tajmahal and things like that.

Do men need women more than women need men? I think men and women are mutually compatible and complement each other as nature intended.

9. thirdmillenium profile image61
    thirdmilleniumposted 14 years ago

in some cases,  men need men more and women need women more. lol

10. prettydarkhorse profile image62
    prettydarkhorseposted 14 years ago

they both need each other equally, but it has been proven for a fact that when women die first before the men in a married relationship, the men follows immediately, LOL....

but not the other way around I think women have more coping mechanisms than men..

women have higher life expectancy than men,

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)