jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

Do you still send eCards?

1. anusha15 profile image89
    anusha15posted 3 months ago

Do you still send eCards?

eCards at one point in time were very popular, especially amongst the college students, and other youngsters, and of course, young at heart. But with time the craze of sending wishes wrapped in a picture or video seemed to have faded away. Or has it?
    Do you send eCards, or know people who are crazy about sending or receiving eCards? What is your/their medium to send this eCards?

2. profile image70
    S Mareeposted 3 months ago

Never did.  Don't even know how.  Would rather send hand-written notes via the snail.  Never even liked store-bought cards. 

Once when I was perusing note paper, a nice lady excused herself & asked which of two cards I preferred.  She handed them to me before I could say anything.

The first card was a long, sappy poem.  The second reminded me of the trite "all-occasion" cards Grandma used to get at the five-and-dime.

I handed them back & politely said I couldn't choose because I did not know the personality of the intended recipient.  The woman looked blankly at me & I skedaddled from that uncomfortable scene.

Whatever you send, send it from the heart.  Forget the fluff!

anusha15posted 3 months agoin reply to this

Well, that was indeed an uncomfortable scene. LoL
      Not all eCards are sappy though, some are classy, and you can get some others which are not without a hilarious punchline. eCards were sent earlier via email, now you can also share on Social Media.

3. manatita44 profile image83
    manatita44posted 3 months ago

I do occasionally, for people who support me; for those who truly care. Jacqui Lawson does some amazing ones! Check her out if you haven't. I suppose it is - for me - a need to touch those who have also touched me in a unique and beautiful way.

Guruji used to teach us that we should always show gratitude. Kind of stayed with me. Service is for the benefit of the server and brings tremendous joy.

I would love to check her out, let me know the link. FYI, I design eCards too, they are hosted at uvgreetings.com
      I love the way you described eCards. And showing gratitude not just affects others, it heals our souls too.

2. manatita44 profile image83
      manatita44posted 3 months agoin reply to this

My experience from writing to her, is that she has a very tight outfit of artists and friends, like a family. She may not be interested in new people, but yes, her work is amazing. Just google Jacqui Lawson e-cards and she should come up.

4. ChitrangadaSharan profile image55
    ChitrangadaSharanposted 3 months ago

The e-cards were fun and I used to send them to my loved ones earlier. Now of course there are many other options. Facebook, messenger, Whatsapp and others are some of them.
    Technology has changed lives to a great extent.
    When sending messages nowadays, I prefer making my own photo collage, add some favourite music and send it through messenger or WhatsApp to my loved ones.
    Many wonderful apps are available online for creating our own personalised messages and I love using them.
    Thanks Anusha for asking this interesting question!

Wow, I am a big fan of this personalized stuff - adds so much warmth - guarantees a smile on the faces of loved ones. Why don't you share some of these apps? I would love to check them out. Maybe you could write a hub? Thanks for this amazing answer!

working