jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

How long can we last

1. profile image58
    Miss Tippyposted 3 months ago

How long can we last

ive been dating this man for three years, he's married and im married. he has been with his wife for 33 years and ive been married for 6. there is also a big age difference.. he's 62 and im 46. I have fallen in love with him and he knows it. he didnt run from me when I first told him how I felt about him. im not expecting for him to leave her and I wouldnt want him to. he would do to me the same as he's doing to her.  could this thing last with him?

2. Snakesmum profile image83
    Snakesmumposted 3 months ago

I think you've answered your own question with the words :
    "  he would do to me the same as he's doing to her. could this thing last with him? "

And of course, you could also do the same to him as you are now doing to your husband.     

It doesn't sound like a long term relationship at all, from what you are saying.

3. nochance profile image93
    nochanceposted 3 months ago

If this man is willing to cheat on his wife of 30 years then he will definitely be willing to cheat on you.

Also have some respect for your husband and get a divorce.

4. dashingscorpio profile image88
    dashingscorpioposted 3 months ago

You said: " im not expecting for him to leave her and I wouldnt want him to." That's good because after 33 years he's not about to give up half of everything he owns to be with someone he's already got on the side. Odds are he doesn't want you to leave your husband either!
    Most cheaters are not looking to {replace} one relationship with another. Their primary goal is to hold onto all that is "good" in their relationship while addressing their other "needs" on the side. They're looking to "compliment" what they already have.
    "could this thing last with him?"
    It depends on how your define last, another year or two, 5 years or until one of you dies? Another factor is your husband and his wife. One of them might force the issue causing an end to the affair or the end of a marriage.
    Oftentimes what makes "forbidden love" so attractive to people are the "obstacles" that keep them from being "together".
    Remove the "obstacles" and suddenly the romance, passion, and intensity dies down. Turns out it was the lying, secrecy, and obstacles that made it so romantic!
    "Life is so cruel. I met {the right man/woman} at the wrong time...etc" "We love each other but we can't be together..."
    The stuff or romance novels and Hollywood movies....