jump to last post 1-14 of 14 discussions (24 posts)

How Do You Define Love?

1. Rishy Rich profile image76
    Rishy Richposted 7 years ago

Love? ..some would say its a divine connection..couples are made for each other.. while to others its just a trick played by nature to make us have sex! ...Whats your view??

1. Cagsil profile image60
      Cagsilposted 7 years agoin reply to this

You are kidding right? roll

2. skyfire profile image73
      skyfireposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Selective Selfishness of humans to kill boredom.

3. shabarigirish profile image52
      shabarigirishposted 7 years agoin reply to this

You are in love when you feel your soul has two bodies.

4. profile image53
      jeffmail55posted 7 years agoin reply to this

It isn't true that love leadsto sex,  though no good sex can be played out of love

2. profile image0
    pinkyleeposted 7 years ago

love is only defined by those it involves.

if you are dating someone then only the two of you can determine if you are in love. for me i realized i was in love when terry showed me he was nothing like 90% of the men i have dated in the past.
    love to me: is unconditional and undying. when you will do anything and everything to make them happy and they do the same for you. when your personalities compliment each other.
    some say opposites attract and they are right but for many couples opposites don't attract.
    its 50/50 on what people believe

all i know is if one has love and is truly in love neither party should take it for granted.

3. Cagsil profile image60
    Cagsilposted 7 years ago
  4. HubChief profile image70
    HubChiefposted 7 years ago

two hearts singing one song

5. profile image0
    lyricsingrayposted 7 years ago

?

6. profile image54
    probafixposted 7 years ago

Everyone has his own opinion about love

It's not easy to define love.

I think if i will write about it,i will shorten with words.

love is a feeling that a person can't express with words.

he/she wants to say it but can't explain it fully that what i think.

don`t want to pull my post.

7. Red_Dragon profile image57
    Red_Dragonposted 7 years ago

Hm what is love you say? It can be many things, it can be someone you are so similar with it is scary. It could also be someone who is completely different from you (opposites attract like magnets).

I think for me the most defining feature of love is someone who no matter how sick or sad you get, they are always there to cheer you up and help you get back to 100%, at least that's how I feel....

1. profile image0
      pinkyleeposted 7 years agoin reply to this

agreed u just said it more gracefully than i did lol but i agree

1. earnestshub profile image88
        earnestshubposted 7 years agoin reply to this

smile thank you! Me.... graceful? Gosh that is the first time I have been called that. Wonderful. smile

8. earnestshub profile image88
    earnestshubposted 7 years ago

Love? Love is a doing thing. smile You can show it and grow it at the same time! Wonderful, I wrote a hub on it with the help of some of the little people I give my love to.
    Want to give love? Do something to take the load off the ones you love, or get down on your knees and talk to your little children eye to eye. I know heaps about love! I get some everyday! lol

9. kmackey32 profile image81
    kmackey32posted 7 years ago

I dont know but one day I hope I find it!!

10. profile image0
    Eva Hanssonposted 7 years ago

Love is ever-changing and multi-faceted.  It is different things at different times.  The best love is only available to those who love themselves first and aren't looking to fill some hole in their lives.  It's not about how someone else makes you feel about yourself.  You must give that to yourself first.

Sometimes love is being in a crowded room, but somehow only feeling you are the only ones there.  Other times it's rushing to the drug store when you're dog tired to get lozenges for your sick mate.  It's being selfless and forgiving.  It's talking when you want to watch Survivor.  It's being able to be vulnerable, at times.  It's about receiving, too.  It's when you know, without a shadow of a doubt, someone else "gets" you.  It's about saying "I'm sorry" and "It's okay."  It's most certainly about respect.  And friendship.  And laughter, lots of it. 

I had that once.  I hope to have it again one day.

Rishy Richposted 7 years agoin reply to this

well said

11. profile image0
    Eva Hanssonposted 7 years ago

Thanks, Rishy.

pleasure is mine...u taught me one thing: I need to learn to love myself first

1. profile image0
        Eva Hanssonposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I had trouble with that one, too.  sad  I had to work on it...  Nice to meet you.

nice to meet u too smile

12. efeguy profile image59
    efeguyposted 7 years ago

check my hub on

http://hubpages.com/hub/lovetips,

it give details of love does and don't and it definition

13. Hokey profile image60
    Hokeyposted 7 years ago

Love is a simple generosity of the heart wishing for the well being of someone else.

14. blondepoet profile image71
    blondepoetposted 7 years ago

True love never hurts, hates, abuses or instigates pain, it is given by choice and free-will, it never seeks for its own purpose.
    It is based on honesty, trust, forgiveness and all other things that are genuine and true.' Counterfeit love' is like a temporary diversion, but true love’s flames extend much further than that.
    http://s2.hubimg.com/u/877349_f520.jpg

working