jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (10 posts)

What and when do you share things about old realtionships?

1. britecoach profile image55
    britecoachposted 7 years ago

What and/ or when do you feel it is okay to share things with your new lover about old relationships?

1. Greek One profile image76
      Greek Oneposted 7 years agoin reply to this

once i am exclusive with a woman I tell her all...

Since I am classy though, I leave out the graphic parts about the chains, the orangutans and the Avon lady with the @%@%$

britecoachposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Cute..do you ever feel talking to much can cause problems in the current relationships. For example: Cheating issues

1. Greek One profile image76
          Greek Oneposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I dont think talking about what happened causes the problems...
          It is what actually happened itself that causes the problems...

Talking about it just gets it out in the open so that you can be honest with one another and so whatever happened in the past doesnt hit you in the face later on.  In that case, not only might your partner be upset about your past, but also by the fact that you didn't come out with the truth to begin with.

True, your partner might not like what happened in the past.. and maybe dislike it so much as to dump you.  At least whatever relationship you do/might end up having will be built on honesty though

britecoachposted 7 years agoin reply to this

DEEP thanks

2. donotfear profile image90
    donotfearposted 7 years ago

Remain discreet in revealing too much intimate detail. It's perfectly okay to discuss the reasons behind past regrets & experiences, unless confessing too much would cause emotional or personal harm to the other party.

3. FranyaBlue profile image78
    FranyaBlueposted 7 years ago

It is never OK! Keep the past in your head, people are insecure as it is without adding to it.

4. generalbrat profile image51
    generalbratposted 7 years ago

I have been with my soul mate for 16 years. we are junior high school sweet hearts. my advice and his is always keep it 100% real truthfull with lots of love and understanding 24/7 all year long....the love i have for my husbans ramiro is that we must have understanding and always forgive each other. learn from our mistakes.

5. thougtforce profile image83
    thougtforceposted 7 years ago

I dont think you should tell, and if you tell, it should be of some use for your partner. If it´s just for the sake of being honest with each other, I dont get it. The past is the past.

6. wildorangeflower profile image55
    wildorangeflowerposted 7 years ago

don't compare is all (your ex and present), when the partner ask, just be honest about what happened

working