jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

When it comes down to relationships why do guys always wanna know about your pas

1. Breezy010 profile image55
    Breezy010posted 8 years ago

When it comes down to relationships why do guys always wanna know about your past relatioships.

Seems like no matter what you tell them they are never satisfied with your answers. What happened to what happened before me doesnt matter?

2. J.S.Matthew profile image83
    J.S.Matthewposted 8 years ago

Well, I think that when a guy wants to enter into a relationship with a girl, he wants to make sure that she doesn't have a bad reputation and he also wants to make sure that she never dated anyone he may know or be friends with.

Although this may seam shallow, it is normal for us to have a basic interest in your past but not so much that it dominates every conversation. If a man becomes obsessed, that's a red flag and you should get out of that relationship!

If there is to be true love then the past really shouldn't matter. I dated a girl in my early teens and I soon found out that she had quite a reputation-she had even been with my cousin and a lot of our friends. Once I found this out, it was uncomfortable to say the least and I had difficulty in accepting this. Over time, however, I was able to forget and move on in our relationship.

In short, it is normal for guys (and girls) to have such an interest (Would you buy a car without checking the mileage?). As long as both people are honest-and willing to accept the answer to the question they are asking-and no one becomes obsessed abut it, then they should be able to move beyond the past and into the future.

3. stricktlydating profile image82
    stricktlydatingposted 8 years ago

Most of the guys I've dated don't want to know much about my past relationships - typically they will ask me how long I've been single for, when my last relationship ended but I haven't found they want to know much more than that. I also don't feel the need to tell my partner what I did in a prior relationship. How much you agree to tell is your choice.

4. TheWatchman profile image86
    TheWatchmanposted 8 years ago

If you ask me, ignorance is bliss.  As long as theres nothing in her pass that can come back to harm either one of us, then whats in the past is in the past.

5. Messenger_of_god8 profile image61
    Messenger_of_god8posted 7 years ago

it only doesnt matter if you keep it to yourself but is you talk about it in front of your partner after he or she told you not to talk about it anymore and you keep taking about it you deserve to be single and never find a man or a woman that will respect you

6. profile image47
    juliana183posted 7 years ago

Most guys don't care of what happened in the past some will leave it alone and some won't they want to know how long the relationship was, who he was, how he was, was he good, was he bad, was he your first, guys want to know if you will be comparing them to your exs.