jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

Should the number of people you current partner have slept with matter to you?

1. legallchew profile image56
    legallchewposted 7 years ago

Should the number of people you current partner  have slept with matter to you?

if so, what is an acceptable number for you?

2. roadrockafella profile image62
    roadrockafellaposted 7 years ago

Personally, it does not really matter to me. But if the person has a history of promiscuity with other people when involved with someone else, then that would be a different matter.

3. Loveslove profile image59
    Lovesloveposted 7 years ago

TRUST is a wonderful thing that should be present in all relationships if it isnt there then start asking questions

4. mcrawford76 profile image84
    mcrawford76posted 7 years ago

I say let the past be the past. In a new relationship you can be a new person, you can make new choices. The choices we made in our past should not effect our current relationships.

@Roadrockafella - The question wasn't regarding faithfullness - that's an entirely different subject. But at the same time I agree, if your partner has a history of cheating on their significant other than to me it would make it very hard to trust that person.

5. nightwork4 profile image61
    nightwork4posted 7 years ago

not in the least. sex is awesome so if my wife enjoyed it , that's all the better for me. my buddy married a gorgeous woman who had only slept with 1 guy before him. after they got married he realised she didn't like sex and it destroyed their marriage so i'd rather my partner know what she wants.

6. thebluestar profile image79
    thebluestarposted 7 years ago

No I don't think it matters one bit.  Each and every relationship is different, but must have one thing in common, trust.  If whilst you are together you are not cheated upon and trust is still there, enjoy yourself.  We all have skeletons in the cupboard of one type or another and the future is to short to be scrutinised.

7. brit8741 profile image60
    brit8741posted 7 years ago

No, it shouldn't, unless hubby has cheated multiple times in the past. Or if hubby caught something from someone. Then yes, it should matter a lot!

8. tysanders profile image60
    tysandersposted 7 years ago

If I asked him and he said 500 people then it would matter but since I don't know then no, it doesn't matter. Don't bother with this because no one is going to tell the truth anyway. And if they do and you don't accept the number then you'll judge them. Just focus on what you have with the person now and not their past.

Also, it might matter if they slept with a lot of people that I know or in the same social circle. Otherwise (as long as they are disease free) out of sight out of mind.

9. Loving_Life profile image57
    Loving_Lifeposted 7 years ago

I also let the past be the past but...lol...if you know your partner has had ALOT of women/men in the past and doesnt use protection then Id be a little bit leary as in what if they have a disease or something.

Not all diseases show up at first,some don't show up for years and years.....