jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (9 posts)

Weddings-What makes it a "good time" for the guests?

1. SkippingThruLife profile image60
    SkippingThruLifeposted 7 years ago

With my wedding 98 days away...I want to make sure I'm doing everything I can to ensure my guests have a good time.  So Hubbers...tell me, what is about the wedding/reception that makes or breaks it for the guests?

1. Greek One profile image77
      Greek Oneposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Two simple words...

http://www.pimfg.com/products_large/OPEN-BAR-DS.GIF

1. SkippingThruLife profile image60
        SkippingThruLifeposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Fair enough!  We are having an open wine/beer/soda bar...anything else the guests want is up to them.  I am hoping that pleases most people...

1. Greek One profile image77
          Greek Oneposted 7 years agoin reply to this

gotta get the good stuff!

http://crownroyalgiftitems.files.wordpress.com/2009/01/crown_royal_bag.jpg

2. sportyfunster profile image68
    sportyfunsterposted 7 years ago

Hey congratulations on getting married. It would be having an open bar and then having some dancing after the dinner.

3. profile image67
    logic,commonsenseposted 7 years ago

Hey, BP, we were supposed to have guests!  Dang! smile

4. thewritecareer profile image60
    thewritecareerposted 7 years ago

Having a wide variety of food helps (I know you "got it" with the open bar).

5. The Best Man profile image58
    The Best Manposted 7 years ago

Aside from food and drinks the guests will appreciate it if speeches are kept short. Guests will get bored if the speeches go on for too long.

6. Wedding Tips profile image59
    Wedding Tipsposted 7 years ago

The biggest thing that makes sure your guests have a good time is YOU.  If you have fun, your guests will follow suit.

I've been a wedding entertainer for almost 10 years, and in my experience that makes a huge difference.  So what do you need to be able to relax and have fun on your wedding day?  Make sure you get it!

I'm assuming you've hired an awesome entertainer.  Tell them what you like and don't like music and interaction wise, then let them have the flexibility to take requests and read the crowd to maximize the party.  This will help guarantee the fun.

Finally, add as many personal stories and details into your day as possible.  Your guests will love it!  It's also one of the most powerful and easy ways to make your wedding totally personal and unique.

Congratulations and have fun on your wedding day!

working