life

Jump to Last Post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)
  1. hunnybunny783 profile image53
    hunnybunny783posted 8 years ago

When I’m out with my friends and having a good time a lot of people say that I come off cocky because I know how good I am at things, and how beautiful I am. When I am home alone I can’t help but to think the exact opposite. If I were to undress myself and look in the mirror, I can tell you now I would not like what I see. When I look at myself I see fat, scars, and anything else there could possibly be wrong. I can’t help but to ask the question, do other girls see their self the same way or do they have confidence? People tend to judge themselves based on other people standers and what other people look like. Forgetting that everyone’s body is different. Yet I still will say that I look ugly. When I am with a man, in the bedroom I can honestly say that most of the time I will be dressed or it will be dark enough so that they can’t see me. There is one extremely huge scar on the middle of my stomach, which a lot of people like to call it a battle wound. To me it’s just another insecurity. Every time I see it I can’t help but to think of every one else’s perfect, flat, scar free stomach. A guy has never told me that they wouldn’t be with me because of a scar but to me that doesn’t matter. When I grew up I was always sick, and I had the best friend ever. The biggest problem was that she was absolutely beautiful (which is not a bad thing). She had the “perfect” body, skinny, tan, blonde hair and beautiful eyes. Knowing that I already felt like an outcast because I was always sick but now I’m second best (at least in my eyes). Time moved forward and we stayed friends till this day, but starting in middle school things turned for me. We got into the boy phase, where we started liking boys. Of course she had the best guys and everyone I was interested in liked her. I love my best friends and I wouldn’t change them for the world, but with every guy thought the last 10 years built on me. After being in an abusive (emotionally) relationship not naming anyone, my mind is just convinced that I will always be 2nd best if not worse. How did I get so low on myself? How do I fix it? That’s just some of the things that go through my head everyday. My judgments on how I look will not change. I don’t know if I will ever be happy with the way I look. How do you change something that took so long to create? I just wish and hope that one day I will like me for who I am, not they way I viewed myself in the past.

1. Faybe Bay profile image70
      Faybe Bayposted 8 years agoin reply to this

There's an excellent hubber you might read, Sage Williams. She has a series on Hummingbird therapy that is really helping me.
      I have a scar on my nose, and one bigger than my hand on my right thigh, it's horrible. No man has ever seen it except Dr's. Not because of the dark. Since my surgery on my nose I haven't been socially active. I was going to get that scar reduced, but then I got hit by a truck, and the scar on my leg is just so huge, the scar on my nose keeps me safe from approach. I don't have to worry any man will ever get close enough to see my leg.
      Now I have found Sage Williams, and her Hummingbird Therapy makes me feel better, somehow. It is probably only a bandaid, until I actually get hummingbird feeders, but until then... give her hubs a try.

2. Kerkedijk profile image54
    Kerkedijkposted 8 years ago

You are not the scar that you see, you are the person within and you shine through for me. I did not see your scar as you wrote, I saw a very vunerable woman who is just looking on the outside. We mirror ourselves in our friends and others around us and they do the same with us. They see you as beautiful and fun to be with so look within and see the wonder of being the individual that you are and close your eyes and visualise how amazing that is. Beauty is all that you are so be happy that you are unique and therefore very special.

3. aware profile image66
    awareposted 8 years ago

uhhh dang is this a topic question or a novel ?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://hubpages.com/privacy-policy#gdpr

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)