Hypothetical situation

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (16 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Stevennix2001posted 13 years ago

Earlier today on tv, i saw on a show where some lady and a guy were about to get married.  however, right before the wedding, the mother found out something very strange about the bride to warn her son about.  apparently this girl is actually...HIS HALF SISTER.  However, the mother didn't know this until today, and tries to warn her son about it, and the son is already in love with a girl that he didn't even know that was his half sister until today.  My proposal to you guys reading this is...what if this happened to you?  what would you do if the woman you loved, turned out to be your half sister right before the wedding.  Would you call it off immediately?  Or as a coworker of mine joked about, "hey they already incested anyway, so they might as well."  lol of course, i didn't even know that was a freaking word either..."INCESTED?"  wow, never heard that one before.

As for you ladies reading this, lets flip the situation around here for a minute. you meet the man of your dreams and he's perfect in every way, that you want.  however, you have no idea he's your half brother, and you sleep with him a few times unknowing of that fact.  then right before the wedding, your mom tells you that he's your half brother, then what would you do about it?

1. A la carte profile image60
      A la carteposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That is because INCESTED is not a word..incest is sex between proscribed individuals and depending on where you live incest has different rules. In most countries..probably all..relationships between parents and children are forbidden as are sibling relationships. There are lots more. The reasons are not just moral they are biologically sound . I won't go into it but research it if you are interested:)

1. profile image0
        Stevennix2001posted 13 years agoin reply to this

nah, that's okay. im not really interested. i just thought it was kind of a funny situation that's all.  however, i appreciate the heads up though.  lollol

2. cheaptrick profile image74
      cheaptrickposted 13 years agoin reply to this

"His Half Sister"...depends on which half...top or bottom...makes a Big difference...

2. wychic profile image83
    wychicposted 13 years ago

Personally, if I'd found out anything of the sort about my husband (very hypothetical here since he's older than both my parents tongue) then I'd probably marry him anyway...and adopt kids if we wanted them...and probably take some permanent measures to make sure no biological kids resulted from the marriage.

1. profile image0

that's very sweet of you. smile i guess if it were true for you, then it would be a case of true love conquers all.  thanks for sharing your opinion with us.

3. WryLilt profile image87
    WryLiltposted 13 years ago

I'd only do it if I was royalty. big_smile

Keep the idiots in one pool and all that...

1. profile image0

lollollol

4. brimancandy profile image77
    brimancandyposted 13 years ago

If people think that someone might have a retarded or deformed child out of an incest relationship are not using their tiny brains. Human's are just like animals, and a woman can have a normal healthy child just from becoming pregnant, it doesn't matter who the father is. If both sexes involved in the birth of a baby are healthy, the baby will more than likely be healthy too.

All this stuff about deformed children from incest is a bunch of BS and scare tactics, to keep the thought of having an incest relationship out of people's minds. Not that anyone should have that kind of relationship, I'm just saying the whole abnormal child thing is a bunch of bull.

Sadly, I know of a story where a girl had a healthy child, and it was discovered that the child she had was also her father's, and not the boy that she had been dating. He had apparently been having sex with her for years, and she just never faught it. I have also heard of the brother/sister thing. But the more frequent would be the Uncle or Cousin, being the father.

Of course, the worst was the doctor who was performing artificial births using his own sperm on 99 different women, and I heard some of them were related to him. Their children all turned out fine. But, it sure pissed a lot of them off. That man is doing serious jail time.

As for the original question, I recently discovered that a girl I used to work with is one of my cousins. We worked together for over 12 years, and never knew it. Then she says to me...boy it's a good thing we found out, because I always thought you were cute and wanted to ask you out on a date. I then of course had to tell her that I was gay, and I wouldn't have went out with her anyways. It's actually kind of funny.

1. profile image0

Wow, I don't know how I could've missed this post, as it seems your chalk full of interesting opinions on this matter. I apologize for not giving it the proper attention sooner, as i was grossly unaware of it.  To be honest, I'm not exactly sure about the whole inbreeding theory, as I never really bought into it either.  For if that was the case, then the royal family in Brittain would be bunch of stup....well never mind.  Moving gingerly on.  big_smile lol j/k  Seriously though, I do think it's rather sick that anyone would want to sleep with their own family members, as that's just....well gross.

Anyways, I do appreciate you taking the times to share your thoughts with us again Brian, as once again you've shown that you have a lot of interesting things to say when it comes to forums.

5. zthao89 profile image57
    zthao89posted 13 years ago

First, I would vomit and then hug my half-brother/sister & say, "OMG, I'm so sorry it's come down to this." INCEST = EW...

1. profile image0

lol

6. dragonlady1967 profile image68
    dragonlady1967posted 13 years ago

What's disturbing is the mother.  I guess if she had given the girl child up for adoption, it still would be her responsibility (at some point in her son's life)as a parent to mention the fact that he could have a sister out there somewhere.  At least that would have given the son some warning that he should check into his relationships (while dating) to make sure the woman of his dreams isn't his sister. Planning my own wedding right now, I would be devastated to learn my fiance was my sibling.  I think he would be devastated as well.  Relationships are hard enough, but to discover you are very closely related....disturbing...and to wait to drop this bombshell the day before the wedding?

7. Pamela Sarzana profile image59
    Pamela Sarzanaposted 12 years ago

Ok, here is what I would do.

1. Throw up.

2. Throw up again.

3. Throw my guts up.

4. Call up "The Brother", tell him all bets are off (meaning the wedding) . and no more hanky panky, ewwww!

1. Diane Inside profile image72
      Diane Insideposted 12 years agoin reply to this

lol

I couldn't have said it better myself. LOL

2. profile image0
      Stevennix2001posted 12 years agoin reply to this

lol

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)