Is it over?

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (14 posts)
  1. PaulaHenry1 profile image66
    PaulaHenry1posted 12 years ago

Alright Hubber Family....spill it~ brutal honesty and all.
    I met a man online. We met and went out for drinks,dinner two days later,drinks again that weekend and dinner and movie after that. Now...we had possible plans that next Wed that didnt work out because he worked late. So we thought about last Friday while his daughter was at a party we could do dinner. He NEVER called. So I called him to see what was up. He said his friend stopped by and he should've called and was sorry. So I call again this morning because we are spose to be going out Sat for drinks and I wanted to confirm. He says his daughters car died and would be out of town this weekend to find a new one.
    I straight up asked him this morning if he wanted to stop this thing we started and he was like "no..no" I've just been busy.
    Am I hounding this guy and should walk away or over analyzing this? I really like him. He treated me nicer and with more respect in those first couple dates than my last 6 year relationship. Am I just over-reacting or do you think he'll still pursue me?
    Help Hubbers!!!

2. Sheila Lee profile image60
    Sheila Leeposted 12 years ago

Give him a chance to pursue you. If you keep calling he'll think you're stalking him or desperate. Desperation is very unattractive to men. Let him chase you. And if he doesn't, then you'll know he's lost interest. Don't call him for a week and see what happens. If there is nothing from him, let it go and move on. It almost sounds like he's stringing you along. That is just my opinion.

1. PaulaHenry1 profile image66
      PaulaHenry1posted 12 years agoin reply to this

It's so pathetic, but it's hard not to call when you want the possibility so badly. I'll be good and let it go. If he wants to see me he will call. I just am impatient and hate not knowing what happened. I am straight up and always expect the other to be as well...silly me. smile

1. karthikkash profile image83
        karthikkashposted 12 years agoin reply to this

it is natural that you start missing that person. But yeah, as Sheila said, that is the only way you can know whether he is leading you on or if he is genuinely interested. Don't call him till he calls you back. Let him give you a few calls. If he isn't doing that, then he has lost interest. Just move on.

This what I did with one of my friends I dated some time ago. I felt that she was losing interest in me. I just pulled out for some time and did not get in touch with her in any form. She called me back after 10 days, I still didn't pick up calls from her for a couple of times. Only after that I started to get back to her. Pulling back always works in knowing whether the other person is interested in you or not. Hope that helps.

3. donotfear profile image84
    donotfearposted 12 years ago

Don't call him!  People make a way to do what they want to do.  If he's interested, he'll call.  If not, then you know he's not wanting to pursue it further. Just don't make it look as though you are anxious to hear from him.  I do think it was rude not to notify you just because "his friend came over...."   How thoughtful was that?   If he's matter of fact like this all the time, you don't want somebody like him, in my opinion.

4. pharuk temmy t profile image41
    pharuk temmy tposted 12 years ago

Paula its not over, but I will like to put you into an observation about your attention to him,you are being to forward and sound despirate...you shouldn't be doing all that being a lady, a man should be after you and not you running after him and chasing him with phone calls... If he cares no matter how busy he could be,to pick his phone and call you is the easiest he can do if he cares the same way you do,that means there is no equality...let him hunt you..if he does then you will know its just the begining but if he doesn't then I guess its over and you should be happy he has shown you the real him before its going to be late... So far you have got nothing to lose, have you?the right person will come your way soon.

5. AEvans profile image71
    AEvansposted 12 years ago

Let him contact you, do not call him. Of course it isn't over, but let him pursue you.

6. PaulaHenry1 profile image66

No call yet...6 days.

7. knolyourself profile image60
    knolyourselfposted 12 years ago

No sense beating a dead horse. That tells the story. Better it ended, if indeed it has, sooner than later.

8. kristin marhall profile image59
    kristin marhallposted 12 years ago

do what your heart tell you, but sometimes it is good to listen to your mine to but be careful at the same time  he might got some one else too soo please be careful

9. profile image56
    AngieMedinaposted 12 years ago

My first reaction is that he is hiding something.  I personally would not call him again and let him make the next move.  If he calls you and wants to go out, go, but in the future if he keeps making excuses I would probably move on to the next guy.  He really needs to put a little more effort in.

10. Moms-Secret profile image76
    Moms-Secretposted 12 years ago

There is nothing more exciting than possibility.  I know but so many people throw themselves into things that they could have avoided because they get anxious.  The truth is that you are still getting to know each other.  You don't know if he is Mr. Perfect-for-you yet.  That really does take months.  Right now you are both in best-foot-forward mode when you are out on dates.

I am a big believer in going with the flow.  I wouldn't think to much about it.  What will be will be and what won't, well you can't change want won't be no matter what phone calls you make or how you persist.  A lot of people get so worked up about what things mean and in their need for clarity that they sabotage themselves in one way or another.  "If he is not interested, I wish he would just tell me instead of stringing me along".  I hear that a lot.  The thing is that he made no promises, so there is no stringing along.  It's the potential of what he 'could be' that is driving you nuts.

Right now he is nothing more than a new friend with potential.  Treat it as such.  Also remember that potential does not equal perfect and there is usually more than one friend with potential around.

Good Luck

P.S. watch the movie... he's just not that into you.  Great movie on the male perspective.

11. PaulaHenry1 profile image66

You guys are all right....especially you Moms-Secret. I am so anxious about the possibility that I probaly sabatoged it. It was just so nice to have that feeling again, you know? I am so used to playing the male role from my past relationship that I forgot to let him lead...lesson once again learned.

1. Moms-Secret profile image76
      Moms-Secretposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Paula, you will find it soon.  Usually when you are not looking or trying.  Sometimes the real mr. perfect is shining somewhere near, but your focus on Mr. could be makes you miss it.

Many Blessings.  Good luck.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)