And You will know the truth...
...and the truth will set you free.
Do you know the truth?
- Do you ever wonder what happens after death?
- Do you believe or even wonder if there is truly a Heaven or hell and if so, where do you think you would go if you died tomorrow?
- Do you think you would go to Heaven?
- If so, Why do you think you would go there, because you are a good person, or that you try to be good?
- How do you judge what "good" is? Do you compare yourself to Hitler to judge what is bad and Mother Theresa to judge what is good?
The real question is, "How does God Judge what is Good and Bad"? The answer is by "The Ten commandments" Do you know or have you ever heard of, "The Ten Commandments"?
Here are just 5 of them:
- God Says, "Thou Shalt not bear false witness" Have you ever told a lie?(including white lies. All lies are lies). What do you call someone who tell lies? ............A liar...
- God says, "Thou shalt not steal." Have you ever stolen anything, regardless how small, even a piece of paper from your job? What do you call someone who steals? ........A thief...
- God says, "Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain; for the LORD will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain." Have you ever used God's name in vain? What do you call someone who uses the Lord's name in Vain? .....A blasphemer...
-God says, "Thou shalt not commit adultery." Have you ever committed adultery? Jesus said, "if you just look upon a woman (or man) with lust, you have already committed adultery in your heart" What do you call someone who commits adultery? ...........An adulterer...
- God says, "Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor any thing that is thy neighbor's." Have you ever wanted anything that you do not have because you see someone else with it? ..like a new car, new house, new TV, etc.... That is called coveting.
God's expectation is that we keep all ten of the commandments perfectly. His commandments are his standards and this is how he judges us on whether we get to go to Heaven or not.
Do you still think you are Good enough to get to Heaven by your own merit?
- Unfortunately, we all have broken one or more of these Laws. Above are just 5 of the 10 Commandments. At some point in time, most of us have broken all Ten. The Lord says that if you break just one of these 10 Commandments, just one time, you are a Law breaker and no lawbreaker can get to Heaven. Unfortunately, the penalty for breaking the law is death. We broke the Law and therefore must pay the penalty.
Who then can be saved?
- Here is the "Good News". Since we are not perfect and are "Law breakers", God sent his only son, Jesus (God with us), to die in our place so that he paid the penalty for us breaking the law. Jesus was without sin so that he could become sin for us and he died for our sins, past and present. Only a perfect sacrifice could pay the price for our sins and Jesus was that perfect sacrifice. That is Grace, that He loved us so much that He sent His only son to die for us that we may have eternal life. The only thing He asks of us is that we just believe in the son that died in place of us and that he rose again on the 3rd day and ascended into Heaven and is seated at the right hand of the Father and is interceding on our behalf when we accept him as our Lord and Savior.
So how do I get saved?
- All you need to do is just accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior and call on his name and admit that you are a sinner in need of His grace and mercy. Pray a prayer like the one at the bottom of the page and be saved. That's it, and then find yourself a good Bible based church and have Jesus lead your life in true peace.
What is Truth?
Jesus said, " I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life...."
Jesus said, "You will know the truth..."
He meant that when you hear His Word and believe, you will gain understanding of the only truth that exists.
He then added, "...and the truth will set you free."
Set you free from what?
The truth will set you free from the bondages of this world. The Truth sets you free from the bondage of a meaningless existence. From the bondage of unhappiness, from the bondage of sin, of money, of addiction, material things, etc.... Jesus gives you eyes to see the beauty in all of God's creations. He gives you a clearer understanding to the meanings of life. And he gives you peace, contentment and happiness right now, no mater what your circumstances may be. That is complete freedom. That is the Truth.
Unfortunately, we live in a fallen world, a world with pain and suffering. Sometimes humans create the pain and suffering. Sometimes the enemy (Satan, the Devil) creates the pain and suffering. The world is not the same world that God had originally created and intended for us. God hates to see his children suffering. He never meant for us to have to endure suffering; it came after the fall of man. Because God gave each of us "free will", we have the ability to make our own decisions. He gave us a choice. We can either Love Him or rebel against him. Fortunately, He did not make us to automatically love him because that would not be love, it would be slavery. He wants us to love him freely. Unfortunately, those who choose to rebel can chose to freely commit acts of sin that harm others. God does not force his will upon people, but we can allow Him to lead us by making Him the Lord of our lives.
God made us with certain parameters and certain talents. If we live outside of those parameters we will likely become depressed, despondent, apathetic, selfish, cynical, etc.... Sinning living is choosing to live outside of those parameters. God did not give us the Ten Commandments to keep us from having fun; He gave them to keep us from getting hurt and hurting others. Once you begin to love Him and accept His plan for you life, you feel a peace and contentment. You begin to feel happier because you begin doing what you were created to do. You begin to enjoy life more, because your life has meaning and purpose rather than the way the world's way of thinking, "that the person who dies with the most toys wins". We know that money doesn't buy happiness. One only needs to look at all of the drug addicted or suicidal actors and musicians.
God is not promising that you will become rich either, nor is he promising that you will never have hard times, but He does promise to give you peace, strength and love that will get you through the hard times. Have you ever wondered how some of the most simple, impoverished people still find a peace that transcends all understanding? Well, that is the peace that comes with having a relationship with our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. You are not expected to perform any sort of works for it because nothing you can do can ever earn it for you. Works are a fruit of salvation, not a path to it. Salvation is by"Grace" and and It is His free gift to us.
If you would like to be saved right now and accept Jesus Christ into your life and be truly set free, just pray this prayer:
Heavenly Father, thank you for sending your only Son, Jesus Christ, to shed His precious blood on the cross for me, a sinner, and I ask that you forgive me of all my sins, past and present and wash me clean with His precious blood. Jesus, I am opening the door to my heart and inviting you in so that you can be the Lord of my life. In Your Holy Name I pray. Amen.
Welcome to the Family, Brothers and Sisters. <><
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. Where do I begin?
If you prayed the prayer above or something similar, you've already made the best decision of your life. The next step is to find yourself a Bible. I suggest something you can easily understand. If you like Old English, the King James is for you. If not, there are many others translations to choose from; for Modern English, there is the New International Version (NIV), the American Standard Version (ASV), The New American Standard Version (NASV), The Good News Bible, the New Living Translation (NLT) The New King James Bible, and many many more. There are even versions for each translation; for instance: There are Bibles that are specific for study such as Chronological, Prophetical, One Year, Parallel and many more. Choose what is best for you. Be careful with Amplified and Paraphrased Bibles because you do not want to loose the original meaning of some of the words as you get more versed it can make a difference. For a great selection of Bibles click the following link:
After selecting the right Bible for you, start by reading the Gospels in the New Testament. If you are unsure which one to start with, I suggest starting with the Gospel of John. If you have a Jewish background, I suggest the Gospel of Matthew. If you tend to be someone who likes a lot more detail and you are fact oriented, I suggest starting with the Gospel of Luke or Mark. There are 4 accounts of the Gospel in the Bible (Matthew, Mark, Luke & John). There are 2 testaments(Covenants), the Old Testament and the New Testament, which contain a total of 66 books, penned by 40 authors.
The Old Testament provides the History and culture of Israel, but more importantly, it foreshadows the life of Jesus Christ and prophesies of His coming. The New Testament is the fulfillment of the Old Testament by Jesus Christ and teaches us the Truth, by providing a source of His Word and his insights through the Gospels (which are the actual accounts of His ministry). Additionally, there are several epistles (letters) from the Leaders and Apostles of the early church, which give us further insight and understanding to help us in our walk with Christ.
2. Do I need to go to church to be a Christian?
The answer is no. However, It is very important to strengthen your walk with the Lord by learning His word and finding a good Bible Based Church is a great start. Unfortunately, some people may have had a bad experience in the past with religion and they think that organized religion is a sham. Although, this may be true in some cases, it is certainly not true in all. Once you become a Christian, you are a member of the Church, which is the body of Christ. The Lord gives each of us special gifts and talents that are useful to the body and finding a church that will nurture those gifts and talents is essential for you to fulfill your divine purpose, not to mention the understanding you will gain with respect to the Word of God.
In addition, it is a place where like-minded individuals go to worship their Lord. God loves to be praised just like we do. When we love the Lord we want to share our love and worship him in love with praise and thanksgiving. Furthermore, being around other Christians (true believers) will make our walk much easier than going it alone. It is much more likely for someone to lose faith when going it alone. In some instances, because they have no support, at the 1st sign of trouble or persecution, some new believers in Christ fall away. It is very important to find a church that you feel comfortable with. Let the Lord lead you.
3. How do I find a Good Church?
A church that uses the Bible as the foundation for its belief is essential. The church must believe that Jesus is Lord and is part of a Godly Trinity, consisting of the Father, The Son and the Holy Spirit, no ifs, ands or buts. There is a real Heaven and a real Hell. Repentance and the remission of sin should be taught. There is only one Gospel, that God sent His only Son to live a 100% righteous life, and because of his perfect life, He was tortured and nailed to a cross and died for us, unrighteous sinners and on the third day, he rose from death and then ascended to Heaven and is seated at the right and of the Father and He will return again to judge the living and the dead.... and best of all, He extend the promise of resurrection and eternal life to everyone who will believe in Him, because He is the Way, the Truth and the Life.
There are many churches out there, but not all are preaching the true Gospel and not all are preaching about sin and the need for repentance nor are some preaching about a real Hell. There is a false gospel going around preaching a gospel of prosperity and self-esteem. That is not the True Gospel. Self-esteem is self-centered and Christians are to be selfless; we are to think of others before ourselves. We do not have to try to be selfless Christians. Christ in us, makes us this way; It is the fruit of truly being saved, but remember, we are always a work in process. Some people take many years to be transformed this way, whereas others transform much quicker. Let Jesus change you the way He wants to change you.
4. Do I have to give up having fun?
Absolutely not. Believe it or not, this is a commonly held misconception. Although, "Repentance" is a sign of a true believer, we do not have to give up everything we consider fun. We should understand that although, some things are considered sinful, fun itself is not sinful. If we choose to continue to sin on purpose, without repentance (the desire to turn from sin), we would have to question our own salvation. To be saved means that we no longer desire to commit sinful acts. It does not mean that we will never sin again. Even the best of us sin many times throughout the day. The act of repentance is an act of will, not an act of the physical body. In-other-words, although we sometimes fall short and sin, in our hearts we desire to do good and not to sin, so we ask for forgiveness and that the Lord help us with our struggle and then we move on. Simple as that. I love to play golf and ski and travel and do outdoorsy things, and I have a wonderful time doing them and I thank God for the time he gives me to have fun. If my idea of fun was stealing cars and I had no plan on turning from the sin of theft, then I might want to question whether I am truly saved.
If you prayed the prayer, and have any questions about Christianity, send me a note and I will gladly answer any of your questions to the best of my knowledge.
May the Lord Bless you and keep you; May His face shine upon you and give you peace. Amen.
BIBLE PROPHECY FACEBOOK PAGE
- CLICK HERE TO "LIKE" OUR FACEBOOK PAGE
Keep informed of the latest Bible Prophecy News and Analysis.