jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (19 posts)

Jesus is buried in Japan?

1. bat115 profile image77
    bat115posted 4 years ago
    1. paradigmsearch profile image93
      paradigmsearchposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I've known this all along. I even fired off an email to the Vatican about it. They never did get back to me though...

1. bat115 profile image77
        bat115posted 4 years agoin reply to this

I'd keep trying. Eventually they'll contact you.

2. profile image0
      Lybrahposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Everyone knows that Jesus rose up from the dead and went into heaven with his body and soul.  He wouldn't be buried anywhere.

1. JMcFarland profile image87
        JMcFarlandposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Actually, NO ONE "knows"that. They assert it.  And can't prove it.  Not the same thing

2. A Troubled Man profile image61
        A Troubled Manposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Exactly, just like everyone knows the cow jumped over the moon and the dish ran away with the spoon. These kind of fairy tales have a tendency of becoming well known.

2. Cheeky Girl profile image76
    Cheeky Girlposted 4 years ago

*Groans...* perhaps Jimmy Hoffa is buried there too... Just kidding. I just had a load of sugar, since it's almost new year! LOL!

3. bat115 profile image77
    bat115posted 4 years ago

I think I'll just stick to the story in the Bible! Jesus buried in Japan does sound a little too Out There.

4. ptosis profile image86
    ptosisposted 4 years ago

Oh -  I know this one. It's crazy and I wrote about it when I read this book "The Jewish and Alien Heritage of Ancient Japan by James Oda which is racist because the native 'Japanese' are hairy and are not considered Japanese. Like US Indian reservations on the hottest driest land - the Aniu are put on a cold island in northern Japan.

The book is a "Tondemo book, Tondemo means "outrageous" or "preposterous" in Japanese." - http://voices.yahoo.com/the-jewish-alie … 63250.html

I only picked up the book because of the crazy title, as in WTF.

But what is really interesting is that the DNA of the Ainu  is very rare and guess what? Yup , the DNA marker was found in the tribes along the west coast of South America. So they did travel far in ancient times. Amazing. Just like the Olmecs (before Mayan) had large noses and lips as if traveled from Eygpt. 

Olmec:
    http://i17.tinypic.com/4p9z8sz.jpg

5. JMcFarland profile image87
    JMcFarlandposted 4 years ago

yeah because the biblical account of zombies roaming the streets of jerusalem, two earthquakes and darkness for hours in the middle of the day (which subsequently went unnoticed by EVERY historian at the time) isn't far fetched at all.

6. profile image0
    brotheryochananposted 4 years ago

No Jesus is not buried anywhere
    his tomb was empty
    he has ascended like the prophecies say
    like the apostles witnessed
    like the bible says

1. JMcFarland profile image87
      JMcFarlandposted 4 years agoin reply to this

can you prove that any of that ever happened?  Didn't think so.

2. bat115 profile image77
      bat115posted 4 years agoin reply to this

^This

3. ptosis profile image86
      ptosisposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I thought that there were Roman guards at the tomb & Mary found the tomb stone rolled away the next morning. No apostles witnessed it - they were told by Mary.

Reading up on it "Roman guards could be executed for sleeping on watch and taking a bribe would further point to a Jewish guard. .. a Roman guard would never agree to spread a story for which they could be executed.  ... it is possible that it was already empty when the guards sealed the stone." - http://www.leaderu.com/offices/billcrai … guard.html

4. A Troubled Man profile image61

AHA! The plot thickens. The death was faked. Like the bible sez.

7. ptosis profile image86
    ptosisposted 4 years ago

Don't forget all those multiple Seconds Comings that have already 'happened'.

8. profile image0
    brotheryochananposted 4 years ago

So here are some beliefs plainly stated:
    The death is faked. Many resurrections. There is no proof. Jewish guards (who would be more tempted to move the body; even though the romans did not want the resurrection proved)

It is good to believe in something but better make sure it is the correct belief.

Jesus is not buried in Japan

1. A Troubled Man profile image61

Sez the pot to the kettle. lol

9. profile image0
    Kathryn LJposted 4 years ago

I'm breaking my self imposed rule about reading and participating in religious threads because this really is a doozy.

It's a curious story, but why is it a myth?  Or more correctly, why is this a myth and all the other stories gospel?  Political dissidents from the Middle East could quite easily have sort sanctuary and new lives else where, why is Japan so unbelievable?  Look at all the countries missionaries have tipped up at, (including Japan).  Why not?

Well obviously, this would ruin a complete meta-narrative.  Still, it's an ancient myth so maybe it has some credence.  Doh! big_smile

working