Homicide made easy (Through animal exploitation)

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (26 posts)
  1. profile image52
    Vegan Vandalposted 10 years ago

On the 5th of April 2013 Jack Huxley murdered his step-grandmother Janis Dundas with FOUR KNIVES AND A CARVING FORK.

On the 23rd of April 2013 Anti-Islamic white supremacist Pavlo Lapshyn murdered Muslim pensioner Mohammed Saleem with a HUNTING KNIFE.

On the 21st of May 2013 off duty soldier Lee Rigby was murdered with a MEAT CLEAVER and BUTCHER KNIFE. Two Muslim extremists Michael Adebolago and Michael Adelbowale are charged and on trial for the murder.

In the greatest act of homicide in human history Adolf Hitler used CATTLE TRUCKS and a CATTLE RAILROAD NETWORK to carry the victims of the holocaust to their end.

Did you notice any similarity in any of these cases?

Yes, none of them would have been possible without animal exploitation.

So this Christmas be extra careful around the drunk relative carving up the turkey.

Perhaps the most politically digestible justification for veganism is just protection of the human body.

1. psycheskinner profile image83
      psycheskinnerposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Or perhaps homicidal people just use weapons that are at hand rather than whittling new ones out of nearby trees.

2. Silverspeeder profile image61
      Silverspeederposted 10 years agoin reply to this

How would I cut my carrots without a knife then?

If you think the lack of a few cattle trucks would have stopped the Nazi machine murdering millions of innocent people then you are mad and should be kept away from knives.

1. bBerean profile image60
        bBereanposted 10 years agoin reply to this

You have no way of knowing how many homicidal maniacs have been stopped in their tracks because they only had access to paring knives, or how many evil dictators have had their genocidal plans derailed for lack of a cattle car.

1. Silverspeeder profile image61

Is there a correlation between meat eaters and homicidal maniacs then? 

Did Pol Pot have cattle trucks then?

I thought Stalin just starved people to death!

2. profile image52
        Vegan Vandalposted 10 years agoin reply to this

If vegetable knives are so good for killing then why didn't Pavlo Lapshyn and Michael Adebolago use them? They could be lethal but they are no where near as dangerous as knives designed for killing animals or cutting up their body parts. A knife designed for cutting through flesh is obviously going to be far more effective for a killer to use than a knife designed for cutting through vegetables.
        A carving knife is a weapon that can be instantly accessed by people of all ages because for most people eating meat is no big deal. If it were heavily restricted or non-existent this would not be the case.
        But even in a society that heavily restricts meat, they would still have to produce lethal tools/weapons that could easily be used to kill any number of humans.
        A blade is a blade and a throat is a throat. The laws of physics indulge no prejudices.
        People obviously do get attacked with vegetable knives, but the rate of lethal consequences is clearly going to be a lot lower. But perhaps it all means we should be all eating the fruit and leaf diet as prescribed for us in Judaism, Christianity and Islam or with just plain common health and safety sense.

1. psycheskinner profile image83
          psycheskinnerposted 10 years agoin reply to this

" A mob of women in India killed a serial rapist with vegetable knives"

"It is believed the woman was chopping vegetables on Tuesday when the couple started fighting. Her husband allegedly assaulted her and she retaliated by stabbing him once.”  The man, 47, was rushed to a nearby hospital where he died shortly afterwards."

"A nurse who stabbed his friend to death with a potato peeler and then tried to flee the country is sentenced to five years in prison"

Obviously people get attacked with everything.  So why are your anecdotes proof that meat eating caused murder and mine aren't equally proof that vegetarianism is?

2. Silverspeeder profile image61

Genesis 9.3
          Every moving thing that lives shall be food for you. And as I gave you the green plants, I give you everything.

Deuteronomy 12:15   
          “However, you may slaughter and eat meat within any of your towns, as much as you desire, according to the blessing of the Lord your God that he has given you. The unclean and the clean may eat of it, as of the gazelle and as of the deer.

I don't think it says you must be a vegan in the bible and therefor the common sense should be in the use of knives not the making of them.

3. Disappearinghead profile image60
          Disappearingheadposted 10 years agoin reply to this

So you don't fancy a bacon sandwich then?

Mmmmmm Now there's a good idea for breakfast on a Saturday morning.

I feel better knowing I am not the only one this thread has craving meat.  Makes you want to join P.E.T.A. (People Eating Tasty Animals).

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/busi … 3121782121

Sounds like a good idea for Christmas (even if it is said in jest)

Talk about long cook times and leftovers for months!

2. Disappearinghead profile image60

We have a monthly market at the university where I work which includes a meat stall selling meat imported from South Africa and Australia. Recently I have enjoyed kangaroo, spring bok, zebra, crocodile, and wood pigeon. Yum. Now where can I get a bottle nose dolphin steak?

flipperfilets.com?  jk wink

1. Disappearinghead profile image60

lol

4. EncephaloiDead profile image54
          EncephaloiDeadposted 10 years agoin reply to this

If we want to invoke laws of physics, there are many other instruments and tools in any given household designed for more effectively than just cutting through vegetables or meat, many are designed to cut through things like wood, metal, concrete and other materials.

Cheese wire

An acquaintance once cut the top of his finger off with the wire on a cheese board, I think it should be banned immediately........

What's Vegan cheese made from?

1. EncephaloiDead profile image54
              EncephaloiDeadposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Unicorn milk?

I thought it would be something more like jojoba milk?

2. Kathryn L Hill profile image76
    Kathryn L Hillposted 10 years ago

What did you have for Thanksgiving?  Do you think fish is okay? After all, in the ocean, all the fish are eating each other. So, if I help myself to some red snapper, it might be okay. Especialy if I don't even need a knife to cut it up. I could just sit on the floor and pull off pieces out of the pan communally with my fellow cavem e   n, uh, family members.

3. profile image0
    Beth37posted 10 years ago

We should all be eating a lot more bananas. They provide a lot of potassium and they don't require any cutting utensils.

1. Kathryn L Hill profile image76
      Kathryn L Hillposted 10 years agoin reply to this

And Bananas are proof of God! If you hold one in your hand, it is the perfect size, it opens easily, and it is pointed directly toward the face…
      Yes, I am kidding.

1. profile image0
        Beth37posted 10 years agoin reply to this

Ray Comfort... love that guy.

4. profile image0
    Emile Rposted 10 years ago

A quick inventory shows we have about ten sharp skinning knives, 8 boning knives, a couple of breaking knives and a band saw. I feel pretty safe, though. Although i do worry about getting my hand caught in the grinder because the girl bagging is absent minded. Come to think of it, she's a vegetarian. I wonder if that means something.

5. profile image0
    Beth37posted 10 years ago

Im bookmarking this. In next year's forum poll, I'm voting it "weirdest thread."

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)