Laws of nature

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (26 posts)
  1. janesix profile image60
    janesixposted 9 years ago

http://i.imgur.com/N2np3Xy.jpg

Is it possible there are laws of nature we don't know about or understand yet? How else do you explain this?

http://i.imgur.com/dCMQFil.jpg

2. janesix profile image60

Why do the Earth and Moon fit so perfectly into  the squared circle this way? The planet WE are on? The only planet we know of that has life?

3. janesix profile image60

http://i.imgur.com/6l7obfo.png

And how did the builders of Stonehenge know? The numbers are even the same.

5040 miles
    2160 miles
    7920 miles

50.40 ft
    21.60 ft
    79.20 ft

1. Slarty O'Brian profile image81
      Slarty O'Brianposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Actually you will find a lot of numbers that relate to nature. The Fibonacci sequence for instance. Many now say mathematics is the language of nature. I tend to agree.

janesixposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I agree. Those same numbers are found in the platonic solids, basic geometry, and lots of other places. Including the dimensions of ancient buildings.

The golden mean, is found all over nature, including what people consider to be "beautiful", like human faces, dimensions, and art. Even iphones and technology.

That is exactly why I love chaos theory.

4. wilderness profile image95
    wildernessposted 9 years ago

Unfortunately, the figure you show as 5040 is actually 5029.  (7900+2157)/2

The polar diameter of earth is only 7900, not 7920 and the moon is slightly smaller as well.  When playing with numbers precision is #1.

I have 12,742 km as the average diameter, which is 7,926 miles. The polar is 12,713 km or 7,899 miles. Equatorial is 12,756 km.

It depends on the source you use, it seems.

1. wilderness profile image95
        wildernessposted 9 years agoin reply to this

The photo shows a polar diameter, so that's what I used (7899.98 miles).  Of course, if you moved the moon around just the right amount (not on the equatorial plane or even that of the solar system) it would work. 

Of course, that's how these things often work; find a fairly close match to some unusual coincidence and start rounding and ignoring until it fits exact.

Agreed. I haven't investigated the picture or the claims, so I wasn't commenting on them, just the premise of the forum.

2. janesix profile image60

The universe works in ideal numbers.

Just like the ideal number for the Precession of the Equinoxes is 25,920 years (notice it's divisible by 2160) The numbers are everywhere.

The sources I looked gave figures of 25,772 years, 25765, 25625 and 25772.  None of which is divisible by 2160.  Precision is #1, not "adjusting" the numbers to fit mystical claims.

Precession can't be precisely measure, because it changes. So there is a standard set.

A standard figure...calculated by whom?  The people that want it to be exactly a multiple of 2160 regardless of what it actually is, or someone with the instrumentation and knowledge to measure it accurately?

Plus, of course, if it changes (and it does) then how can it be a multiple of that number?

3. janesix profile image60

Even if the numbers are wrong, the fact remains that the Earth and Moon still fit precisely into the squared circle. You can easily use ratios and see for yourself.

How do you explain it? Coincidence? I say there are laws of nature we don't know about.

I don't see a "squared circle" in your picture, and don't know what one is anyway.  A square with sides of Pi*2R/4 of the circle?  Your diagram says the square and circle are "nearly" the same that way, but not identical. 

(By the way, why isn't the circle drawn in the proper position?  Shifting it down makes a prettier picture and gives the impression that the center of the earth is special in the diagrams, but it doesn't belong there.)

Either way, though, that 4 times the earths diameter nearly equals Pi times the sum of the earth's diameter plus the moons wouldn't seem to mean much.  Our moon is, after all, abnormally large as moons go (and the earth well under average) and that's the only reason it works at all.  I fail to see where any "laws of nature" might apply, particularly considering how the moon was formed.  I suppose that if we considered the composition, temperature and age of both, speed of collision and the angle of collision of that formation, we might find that we'd get a particular percentage of the total becoming the moon.  If there was nothing else to draw it away than what was here (other planets, sun, comets, etc.).  I wouldn't call that chance a "natural law", though.

A circle with the same perimeter of the square is a squared circle. They can never be exact, it's mathematically impossible.

Really?  Excepting that Pi is not a rational number, every circle has a "sqaured" circle.  And one much closer than what the diagram shows.  Thousands of them in fact.

To find that square, find the perimeter of the circle (Pi* diameter) and divide it by 4.  You have the square, and depending on how accurate you measure the diameter of the circle and how many decimals you carry the math to, you will have a square that is very, very close to that "squared circle".

But if you want a perfect one, use a circle with radius 2.  The perfect squared circle has a side length of Pi.  Mathematically it's easy as pie. smile

I made a mistake. I meant you can't do it with a square and compass. But you can do it mathematically.

You lost me.  You'll need a ruler of course (to measure the compass setting as well as draw a straight line), but you can then draw both.  What am I missing?

I'm not good at math, so I don't know. It's just something I keep reading. It says it here.:

http://www.cut-the-knot.org/impossible/sq_circle.shtml

No, it gives the solution near the bottom.  My own geometry isn't good enough to follow it, but it says the solution is there.

5. janesix profile image60

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)