jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (15 posts)

When people reincarnate, do they repeat their career choices?

1. DasEngel profile image60
    DasEngelposted 2 years ago

..for example, will Tom Cruise be an actor in his next life also? Will Barack Obama be in politics in his next life as well?

The point is: if it's true, that is, people repeat their choice of career in their next life endlessly, then it kind of limits our humanity. But if they don't, that is, if in every next life they try something new, then that truly corresponds to our core humanity, taking things to the next level! Tom Cruise might try to make artistic films in his next life, for example. And Mr. Obama might try to be a yoga instructor, just saying smile

Also, it also suggests that there is nothing stringent about career choices, and we all might have been film makers, actors, professional writers, poets, painters, engineers, merchants, sailors, etc, at least once somewhere during our numerous past lives.

Only spiritual people are allowed on this thread :-)

1. psycheskinner profile image81
      psycheskinnerposted 2 years ago in reply to this

If you want spiritual people in the thread, try posting it in the correct sub-forum under religion and philosophy.

2. wilderness profile image94
      wildernessposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Good luck with limiting a public forum to a specific group of people.

3. thegecko profile image83
      thegeckoposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I didn't know butterflies made career choices smile

1. paradigm search profile image60
        paradigm searchposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Actually, it was the caterpillar that made the choice. big_smile

1. thegecko profile image83
          thegeckoposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Indeed!

DasEngelposted 2 years ago in reply to this

"deconstructing the universe"  love da attitude! smile

2. DasEngel profile image60

It's wasn't meant to be negative. It was just a milder way of saying that I wish that people leave only sincere replies to this specific discussion. That's it. I would love to converse with you guys on his subject. smile

3. DasEngel profile image60

I didn't choose the 'religion and philosophy' forums category because this issue covers a diverse range of subjects under one umbrella. It isn't solely about reincarnation, although it's true that reincarnation is the starting point here. But it's also about career, future, personal lives and life choices, and most importantly, it's about inspiration. Hence the 'freeform discussion' category. smile

1. psycheskinner profile image81
      psycheskinnerposted 2 years ago in reply to this

And it got moved because that was not the right category. Anything not about Hubpages goes in a "Topical" forum

Yes, sure. smile

4. paradigm search profile image60
    paradigm searchposted 2 years ago

"When people reincarnate, do they repeat their career choices?"

My guess is they do not. At every birth one is dealt a brand new and random DNA hand. Career choices are inevitably affected by what DNA cards one has happened to receive. Level of intelligence is one example; physical strengths/weaknesses and other physical attributes being another.

Thank you. Excellent reply!

5. integrater profile image60
    integraterposted 2 years ago

What if you reincarnate as a non-Human ?

6. Live to Learn profile image81
    Live to Learnposted 2 years ago

If you look at the documented cases where someone does remember a past life I don't think those people are doing the same things they had been doing, career wise. So, I would say no.

working