Hello Ladies.

Jump to Last Post 1-21 of 21 discussions (102 posts)
  1. spiderpam profile image75
    spiderpamposted 15 years ago

Hello Ladies
    <snipped repost of hub>

1. AEvans profile image71
      AEvansposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I Have been married years and I do understand what you are saying, yes you knew after the fact that you were wrong doing it, but God forgave you and you are asking that others think before they take on the stress and possible sorrows that you may have ended up with , if things did not go the way they were supposed to, what you are also saying to the women who are single is that they should practice abstinence before marriage, as you do not want them to walk down the wrong path. You are just giving us a testimonial that God has delivered you and forgiven you for your sins and you are choosing to share that with others. Giving a testimonial is great, but remember to act like Christ would in the forum and before you respond ask yourself WWJD? Thanks for the testimonial. smile

1. Lady Guinevere profile image64
        Lady Guinevereposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Aevans, Just what would Jesus do?

1. AEvans profile image71
          AEvansposted 15 years agoin reply to this

My friend , he would think before he points and he would not persecute those for what they choose to do and forgive even though others may not believe. "He without sin , cast the first stone." :::::::::::::::big_smile That is what Jesus Would do..smile

2. profile image0
    Andrew Hawkleyposted 15 years ago

Well you got God so I guess you don't need a man...

3. Colebabie profile image60
    Colebabieposted 15 years ago

I agree that we should love ourselves first before we can love someone else. Realize that your experience is not everyone's. I did not have premarital sex because "the world said it was ok" but rather because I said it was ok. Having premarital sex and getting pregnant is not a "wrong" life or path. Did you believe it was wrong at the time? Or after you sought comfort in religion?

spiderpamposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I knew it was wrong. Did you even read my post?

1. GeneriqueMedia profile image60
        GeneriqueMediaposted 15 years agoin reply to this

We both did. Its wrong for you. But it depends on who you are. And what priest you're getting your "wisdom" from.

2. Lady Guinevere profile image64

That is sort of what I got out of your post too.
        You knew it was wrong so why did you open your legs and then felt guilty afterwards?  That is kind of backwards and seeking comfort in religion is just a copout.  Who told you to go to religion in the first place?  Why?  Do you read you Bible?  What does your church say about all of this?  What if you get a divorce then what.  Who are you going to blame it on.  You left the other post that you wrote and never returned to it.  Do you like running away?
        Men will treat you as you want them too--Jesus said that--not in so many words but he said Do Unto Others as You Would Have Them Do Unto You.  What message are you sending men that they give in return?  You teach and allow them to treat you just the way you want them too.

Yet again, M'Lady pipes in with perfect words. I bow out.

Sincerely,

G|M

2. spiderpam profile image75

I gave into temptation. I sinned. I was raised a Christian went to college and wanting to rebel and do wrong. And it caused me alot and pain and grief, but I know God loves us, regardless of how far you may have gone astray into sin.  He has made all of us in his image and likeness (Genesis 1:26-27), and has a special plan for your life.  He offers forgiveness to you if you will forsake your sin, trust in Jesus Christ, and follow him.  Jesus paid the penalty for your sin (death) so that you can have peace with God.  When you turn away from your sin, God welcomes you back with open arms, just as the father welcomed the wayward son home (Luke 15:11-32).
          I do read the bible do you or just that one verse that you like? I do not plan for divorce and with God guiding our marriage I won't have to worry about that.  I re-posted the topic here bacause I recieved no reply for 2 days and I know their are thousands of women who share similar stories like mine. Are you one of them? No one is running. I'm right ready for questions armed with the word of God. Bring it on.

If God already knows what you are going to do then how in the word can you sin especially since he has already forgiven you?  hmmmmm?
            The sin is the blinders your religion is putting on you.  Supression of Knowledge is the greatest sin.  Think about it!!
            No one plans for divorce sweetie.  Do you mybe think that God has a plan for that baby of yours and you just so happened to be the perfect way for it to be in that plan?

He may know everything, but we do not. That's the point of it all. God gave us free will and we have to choose to seek God and be forgiven not the other way around. If we allow ourselves to give into temptation we a planning for divorce sweetie. Listen my children are a blessing, and they deserved and mom and dad with enough commitment to be married.

For we have been “...predestinated [from an order that was out of order] according to the purpose of Him who works all things according to the counsel of His will... For you see ...that not many mighty, not many noble, are called. BUT GOD HAS CHOSEN THE FOOLISH THINGS [THAT’S US] OF THE WORLD TO PUT TO SHAME THE WISE, AND GOD HAS CHOSEN THE WEAK THINGS of the world to put to shame the things that are mighty; AND THE BASE THINGS [THOSE WHO THINK THEY’RE THE LOWEST] OF THE WORLD AND THE THINGS WHICH ARE DESPISED GOD HAS CHOSEN” (Ephesians 1:11, 1Corinthians 1:26-28).

1. earnestshub profile image81
                earnestshubposted 15 years agoin reply to this

CAPITALS do not make this madness read any better.

Hon, you are barking (all caps that you use is like yelling at me) at the wrong person.  Perhaps you should read my profile.
                I have read that Bible back and forth so many times.  All the answers we seek are WITHIN us, not in some book or in some church or religion.  Go find that in your Bible.  I can tell you it is in the NT, but you have to find it yourself.

2. GeneriqueMedia profile image60

spiderpam,

I am quite glad you've found solace and power in the word of God. I hope it helps you through your life. We're all rooting for you, and I do not say this in jest. But I hope also you can have enough faith and conviction in yourself, and to learn from your mistakes (which you certainly seem to have!).

Remember, we're not meant to walk behind our Creator. We're meant to walk hand-and-hand. And that means believing in ourselves, each other, and doing positive things in society. If you wish to profess piety, I understand.

Sincerely,

G|M

3. Erin J Carney profile image61
            Erin J Carneyposted 15 years agoin reply to this

These are things that scare me about the state of the world. By your reasoning god is a murderer,rapist,etc and I am able to go out right now and murder someone, rape a child, rob the poor and basically just be a total Nutjob.

As long as I confess my sins I get a get out of jail free card?

I'm sorry but if this is true then yeah....I wouldn't set one foot in heaven. tongue

Don't get me wrong. I have nothing against religion. My problem is with the people who use it as a way to not have to deal with things they have done wrong in life.

Take some responsibility for your own actions. Act as if you DON'T have a cosmic get out of jail card and I think this world would be a MUCH better place.

That's all...sorry if I offend anyone. And if I did, well then I am sure it will be ok because God Loves Me!

Right? *wink*

Erin

Finally, acts of disobedience to God’s laws will very often result in temporal consequences that have nothing to do with God’s discipline. For example, a murderer who comes to Christ and repents of all his sin will receive God’s forgiveness in the eternal sense, and he will enjoy full fellowship with God for eternity in heaven. However, the society in which he lives will still demand that he pay the price for his crime in a temporal sense. He may have to spend his entire life in prison or even be executed for his crime. But even in these situations, he can be greatly used of God while he waits for his ultimate redemption and eternal joy.

1. Erin J Carney profile image61

What about the "Murderer" who lives a happy life to an very old age having never being accused of a crime? Where is his punishment?

And do you have a "Personal" opinion, or is everything you say just something someone else wrote? No offense.

If will recieve his judgement on Judgement day?

1. Erin J Carney profile image61

Not if he repents before he dies, or even after he dies....

Erin J Carney
                    "Faith is generally nothing more than the permission religious people give to one another to believe things strongly without evidence." ~Sam Harris, Letter to a Christian Nation (2006)

"Faith strikes me as intellectual laziness, but I don't argue with it - especially as I am rarely in a position to prove that it is mistaken. Negative proof is usually impossible"

"Faith is one of the world's great evils, comparable to the smallpox virus but harder to eradicate." ~ Richard Dawkins

"Faith is to believe what you do not see; the reward of this faith is to see what you believe." ~ St. Augustine

2. profile image0
                  sandra rinckposted 15 years agoin reply to this

You view judgment as punishment?

4. Colebabie profile image60

Yes I read it. But you sort of contradicted yourself, you said "I knew having sex before marriage was wrong" and then  "I relize I was wrong Sought God and through God starting living a better more Christian life" So you knew you were wrong or realized you were wrong?

I see what you mean, sorry for the confusion. I knew i was wrong and did it anyway, I thought I knew best, but then I was wrong about know what was best then I confessed to God my sin and sought forgiveness. I hope that clears it up. Thx for your reply

5. Colebabie profile image60

Basically, your story is your life that's great. We all have stories. Often people use their lives as models to teach. However it shouldn't be for teaching religion. That is preaching. People don't want to be preached to. If you taught women about birth control, healthy relationships, how having a child young is not easy, etc. that would be putting your life story to good use. You're not helping anyone by preaching. Turning to your faith helped YOU. It is an individual thing. You cannot share your story to help others when the lesson is something so personal, you narrow your field of students.

You also generalize about all women and all couples. And then retract your statements by saying "I'm not saying if you have premartial sex you are doomed I'm proof that it's not true." Nothing in your story applies to me except for the statement that you must love yourself before you love another (and that wasn't an exact quote from you but rather what I thought you meant).

6. LondonGirl profile image80
    LondonGirlposted 15 years ago

"Instead of putting our foot down and saying "No I'm worth it" we are just having premartial sex, living with a guy for years and having children out of wedlock."

What has "I'm worth it" got to do with the price of fish?

I've lived with my other half since I was 20, and he was 19. 11 years. WE have a 3 year old son, and I don't feel any less worth anything for being unmarried. A hell of a lot of marriages aren't happy after 11 years, our relationship is.

Hello LondonGirl
      "Sex sin can bring spiritual confusion.  Spiritual confusion begins when we start pursuing the pleasures of sin and disregard our conscience of right and wrong.  The more we pursue sin, the more our conscience becomes dulled (1 Timothy 4:2, Titus 1:15).  A dull conscience causes us to be susceptible to enemy's lies which will draw us progressively further from God (James 1:14).  Eventually we may not even think our actions are sinful and our ability to repent can be hindered (Hebrews 6:1-8).  Two examples of sex-related spiritual confusion are found in Romans and 1 Kings.  The people in Romans 1:24-32 sinned through sexual immorality and idolatry and were filled with all kinds of evil.   1 Kings 11 illustrates how Solomon, the wisest person that ever lived, descended into spiritual confusion through sexual idolatry with his pagan wives."

I had a similar cross road, but we chose to get married and put and end to that sin

For example If I steal for 11 years and never get caught. Isn't that still a sin?
      I hope my answer helps. Thx again for your reply.

I don't think she was looking for the answer that are told to you by clergy.  She found her own answers and they didn't include a secular, religious control society.

2. LondonGirl profile image80
        LondonGirlposted 15 years agoin reply to this

OH and I couldn't marry in a church (he's Jewish) and couldn't marry in a Synagogue (I'm Anglican), so the only marriage we could have is a Registry Office job (civil marriage).

How would that change anything? It wouldn't.

We've lived together now for well over 11 years. We work as a team, with each other, and bringing up our son. We earn money, pay the bills, do voluntry work. We have a calm, loving, and happy home.

On second thoughts, bin the calm bit, at least when Isaac's around.

I find him the most interesting man I've ever met. The room is brighter when he walks into it. When something upsets me, I want to share it with him and we can face it together. When something good happens, I share the pleasure with him.

So no, I don't feel there is sin here. Just love, happiness, and family.

Romans 1:32
          32Although they know God's righteous decree that those who do such things deserve death, they not only continue to do these very things but also approve of those who practice them.

Who are trying to convince me or yourself?

1. LondonGirl profile image80
            LondonGirlposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Easy one! You.

Thx for reply, Peace to you.

7. earnestshub profile image81
    earnestshubposted 15 years ago

LondonGirl and Colebaby have a fair handle on what's going on here, and I concur.I have a story as does everyone, but the reasoning and outcomes are different for every individual.LondonGirl is an example of many smart young women who can think outside religion and obtain wonderful outcomes. She is not sexist, nor hypocritical and is obviously much loved by her man and their beautiful child.
    I just hope that she and Colebaby are true believers in the FSM, as I am.

What's FSM?

mi'Lady: http://www.venganza.org/

wink Its funny. Pastafarians unite!

2. earnestshub profile image81

The only true god is The Flying Spaghetti Monster. Don't you follow the holy Mark?

I thought he told us it was the teapot in between the earth and the moon!  LOL

8. cindyvine profile image68
    cindyvineposted 15 years ago

I've decided to practise chastity

1. Jewels profile image83
      Jewelsposted 15 years agoin reply to this

It's good to have a break every now and then. Having sex after a break makes the interaction heavenly.

9. Colebabie profile image60

Again, this is the case for YOU. There are many of cases where honestly the family is healthier if the parents get divorced. Or without one or both parents. Children live with grandparents, foster parents, aunt and uncles, siblings, etc. In your case you believe your kids are better off having two parents who are married. However, this isn't always the case. It is not always temptation that leads people into divorce.

"But I know there are women out there who have "similar" stories"
      thx for your reply

1. Colebabie profile image60
        Colebabieposted 15 years agoin reply to this

But you stated "If we allow ourselves to give into temptation we a planning for divorce sweetie. " It isn't appropriate or correct to make generalized statements. The reason why people do not want to listen what you have to say is the constant quoting of the bible, generalizations, and lack of the separation between your personal beliefs and what actually occurs. Are there women who have had premarital sex and gotten pregnant, yes, of course. But making statements that aren't true doesn't help your argument. Try using words like "may" "could" "possibly" "in my case but not always." These will make your statements more accurate and you could avoid these generalizations. Like I said before, you cannot teach religion in hopes of helping women in your situation. Teaching religion is preaching, and no one wants to be preached to. Just like I will not change your faith, you will not change mine, and preaching just makes people not want to listen to you.

Well, I getting responses and allowing  to asked themselves what if? That the whole point of this site to express your belief, opinions, advice and I'll continue to do just that. If I reach one person I've done my part. Thx your reply. God bless

Mark 16:15 And He said to them, "Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation."

2. GeneriqueMedia profile image60

Had a childhood friend with an alcoholic father. He did a lot of not so nice things to both my friend, his wife, and his daughter. They thankfully got divorced..and as you said, all was for the better.

G|M

10. Colebabie profile image60

Look through the responses, I don't think anyone has agreed with you and thanked you and stated you have "helped" them. I'm just trying to point out there are different methods of teaching. Yours may not be the most effective.

I don't do this for praise, I do this to lead people to Christ. I'm simply speaking biblical truth. Thx again for your reply. You seem like a nice person smile

Who is teaching you how to read that Bible?  Try reading it for yourself and see the differences in the messages you are told to know and the ones that are truly there.  Jesus said that he is in the minds and hearts of men---meaning everyone...no need to preach anything to anyone if he is already there hun.
        God is everything and in everything including us and there is no separation.  Love is what he told to spread and his miracles and his works.  He didn't say to go converting anyone.  He also said that we would do more and greater miracles and things than he ever would.  It is also mentioned int he Bible that he doesn't want us to go by any book.  He didn't teach from a book.

Mark 16:15 And Jesus said to them, "Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation. 16 "He who has believed and has been baptized shall be saved; but he who has disbelieved shall be condemned"

Try a different version of that Bible and see the before veres and after verses and read it in context.  I bet it means something different.

I have gone and found the whole chapter for you in four translations and you can read the whole enitre thing here: http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?se … 5;49;9;50;

The message is the same my friend.

Not quite and you didnt read it---why?  Is your religion so consuming that you are told what version of the bible to read and which ones are heresy.

I read it. Tell me the show me difference.

NO, you think for yourself and you read it for what it is not for what the church wants you to see.  You want to be told everything becasue it is easy that way and you can blame others if it isn't what they tell you it is.  It makes people lazy.  I am not going to contribute to that kind of behavior.  We were given brains to think for ourselves...we are to use them not let others tell us what to think, but how to think.

11. Colebabie profile image60

Thank you. It is hard to lead people to Christ who do not want to be led. People have to want change for themselves. You can't make change for them. Mentioning that God is what helped you get through the hard times is one thing. Speaking "biblical truth" repeatedly is not effective. If leading people to Christ is your hope and goal, I would change goals and help people in a different way. Like I said, religion is too personal to try to change in people.

You're right I can't make anyone do anything, I can just tell them what I believe and they can make up their own minds. That's why God gave us free will so we can choose are own path, after seeing all sides.

Your god did not give me free will, I did. And I choose to not believe in your god.

2. agvulpes profile image86
        agvulpesposted 15 years agoin reply to this

spiderpam you seem to think it important to tell people what you believe. The only proof you are offering is the Bible, a book that through the passage of time has been translated every which way. Even the translation's cannot be all that accurate because it is my belief that most people then could not read or write well enough to carry a story , so most of the stories were handed down by drawings or mouth to mouth. Have you ever played the game of Chinese Whispers, try carrying that on for 2000 odd years. You believe what you want, and I will believe what I want. May the Twain never meet. cool

1. JamaGenee profile image78
          JamaGeneeposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Chinese Whispers.  Exactly.  Good one, ag!

The bible is a nice book of stories, and that's all.  Anyone who believes *any* bible is "God's word" needs to get out more.

2 Timothy 3:16
            All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness

Paul wrote tht and just maybe you should study Paul from other than a religious perspective.

Paul thought that if enough people were *converted* that he would see Jesus come back.  Only thing is Jesus already came back and not one person beleived him in who he was.  Then surprisingly the story drops out of sight in the Bible.  Never metnions it again and then Paul writes alot of gibberish becasue he was indoctrinated as a ROMAN Soldier and the only way he knew to convert people was to have some sort of control over them.  Just like your men do to you.

You don't use the Bible scriptures for the sake of spreading LOVE like JESUS wanted, but as a sword to condemn others like PAUL did.  I rather take Jesus's approach and not Pauls.  Research hunand it will take you years and the answers are not all in that Bible of yours.  Anyone can quote scriptures and I can go into the Bible and quote the total opposite of what your quoted---that does not make a Christian and a Loving person whom Jesus wants of us.

12. SeSharer profile image60
    SeSharerposted 15 years ago

Take 30% of love for yourself and then the 70% for others. You are still a great contributor.

I have never seen self worth expressed in percentages.

13. Word Scribe profile image61
    Word Scribeposted 15 years ago

Interesting subject and opinions here.  I think I'll write a hub about something kinda similar on this subject.

Now theres a good idea, go for it.

14. Lady Guinevere profile image64
    Lady Guinevereposted 15 years ago

When whover it was found the scroll that told about this person named Jesus, they were happy, but they didn't know the language or how to dechiper it into the language they used and as such many things were mistranslated.  Some words that were used didn't have their modern meanings and they only could give it the meaning the THOUGHT it meant.  Then the writings were so good that politics got involved for what better way then this that they could control or use as a ransom for their loyalty for taxes and such.  Not all books were included in that book for many reasons, some becasue they thought the people would not be able to comprehend such things and some becssue they thought the writing were too fragmented.  Religion--ROME dictated alot of what went into that book.  The hanging of people on crosses was a common thing in those days and the more torture the better.  Roman Empires and the studie of them will tell you have blood-thirsty they were.  The Firy pit that Jesus was burned it was also common practice.  They had to becasue of all the bodies that were thrown into it and all the people whom they hung for as little as just thinking agaisnt what they thought to be against Roman Rule.  Now go get yourself acqauinted with the History of God and Angels:  Good or Evil.  The Bible had many other books in it prior to the 8th century when things were added and taken away and then again in the 1500's.  Why?  It surely wasn't becasue of a man called Jesus.  About Jesus..he did not call himself Christ--peop0le did and that is in that Bible too.  The Bible is not complete, not in a long shot.  The Gnostic Gospels are not evil or corrupt.  Jesus was a Nazarene and a gnostic--so just how bad do you want to call Jesus who lived that live in the Gnosis tradition.  Ever onder why they teach that and not the turth about Jesus's upbringings.  Oh MAN has messed his message up totaly and all fo the sake of control.  Jesus said to seek and find and ask---he didn't say in the Bible becasue that Bible wasn't around then.  What did he do to the Clergy an dthe church back then.  Research that and not from your religion r clergy they will just feed you more lies and control you even more.

LOVE to you.

15. Colebabie profile image60

Spiderpam,

What they are trying to tell you is that holding all of your beliefs to one book is a bit limiting. Like you stated in a previous post you must believe in yourself among other things. Think about all the religions in the world, all the versions of the bible, all the "non-believers", that is quite a lot right? So limiting yourself from learning from only one book, is selling yourself short. Responding in conversation to prove your point only with quotes from that one book limits your argument. It makes you seem unoriginal, as if you cannot think for yourself. What do you truly believe? And don't quote from your book. I understand that your belief lies in your book. However, is this how you speak in normal conversation? Responding to questions with quotations rather than sentences formed on your own? You would learn a lot more about the world, and about your self and your life, if you don't limit yourself. Why would someone want to put a "cap" on what they can learn about the world and believe in?

Hello again, thx for your reply. I believe Jesue died for mine and everyones sins and if we seek him first and turn way from sin you will be forgiven. It's very simple, but you don't seem to understand that. When Jesus comes back for the faithful I want to be in that number and I will do all I can to tell people about Jesus, I mean everything I can't sugarcoat the word of God so people can feel more comfortable. It's all or nothing. I must be on fire for God, cause if I am lukewarm in my convictions I will be casted in the lake of fire on judgegment day we will all be held accountable for our deeds on earth. That's what I believe. I share my life stories, my experiences not to condemn anyone, but the help those who my see a similar strand and believe their is no way out. You must understand you made your choice in the world to do whatever you want, and I respect that. I choose this path and I'm happy, I hate no one I judge no one, I'm simply spreading the word of God and not everyone will like it, but I can't let that stop me. It's a lot easier to stand for nothing and fall for everything. I choose to stand for my beliefs in God, Jesus and his word. I wish you all the best in your life, I wish you no ill-will we simply disagree. God bless

Total Contradiction!  You say you don't judge, but you quote scripture from your own churches version of the Bible and you condemn anyone who is your mind has sinned.  If Jesus died on that cross and forgave all our sins then there is no sin.....period. What does that tell ya!

If you feel judged or take offense by God's word, it is not by my words, but the guilt of your own heart, ie your self conviction.

Now look at what you just said to me.....a Minister for Jesus.........how VERY judgemental that was.......how VERY condescending that was........Would Jesus say those words?    You CHOOSE to not read anything but what you want to and if something just happens to get through you automattically disreguard it and then you --YOU Judge.

Who told you that those are God's words.  Did you also know that there are many Gods for the Gods created us in THEIR image.  THEIR is Plural in case you don't know basic grammer.

2. profile image0

I think it is nearly impossible to not be judgmental.  I think a good resolution to this seemingly impossible feet, is to judge what is good instead of what is bad.  Look to the good side and forget naturally what is bad.

I dunno, after reading her commentary.  I don't think she is being purposefully judgmental... I think mostly it is ingrained into our noggins to think one way or another.  Whether a person feels they are being judgmental or not, it is always the other person who associates it with judgment, possibly because people are harder on themselves then God is.

Taking into account a disagreement seems to be judgment in itself.  Some use terms like, "no this is just an opinion" yet both usually resort to mindless judgments on behalf of affirming their own positions as well.

I think being defensive isn't being judgmental, it's being assertive and passionate in what a person believes and I think that whether a person believes should be firm in it yet not so firm that their minds are cut off from being reasonable.

non believers and believers alike use the same methods to assert their beliefs.  So give her a break.  I am sure she does not go around with her hand raised ready to smite people for not listening to her.  smile

2. Colebabie profile image60

I understand that you believe in God and Jesus and part of that is so your sins will be forgiven. That I get. Not my path, but for you, I get it. Why do you believe you must spread the word of God? And do you think the way you have attempted to do so has been effective? I'll tell you what I think but I would like to know what you believe first.

16. Lady Guinevere profile image64

Does anyone know what a cult is and how they get you into them and the mind control they have?

1. profile image0

Life in general is a cult.  Think about it, we are told to follow this and that all the time.  People who actually want to go their own way are either reprimanded by the government or by their churches (though the church is less harsh then the government, at least from the human perspective, not spiritual). 

Cult makes "norms" anything out the "norm" is unethical, immoral, and down right frowned upon.  I don't believe people should be forced to pay taxes, I don't think churches should ban people from the house. 

I actually don't think that I own anyone a darn thing but make my life acceptable to God as if no one else exist and has any control over me.  Not any church not any government etc...

Except for that small thing called, if I don't pay my taxes the government will make my life Hell, and it seems to work this way with the churches too. 

So ergo, life is a cult... if people didn't speak out about what they believe we would be left to the government and there would be no room for individuality.

So even though many churches teach different interpretations at least the person gets to have a say as to whether or not it suites them.  Unlike the governments clothed in democracy dictate what should be done and they don't give you a choice. 

There is definitely more freedom in religion then their is in governments and the governments and people entirely against religion know this and want to do anything they can to also keep people oppressed because if they didn't they wouldn't have any more control, no more money, no more workers to feed their fat heads etc...

You know that is not what I was talking about.

17. Colebabie profile image60

Spiderpam,

I don't think the argument is the differences in faith or beliefs. I'm sure everyone here is not trying to change what you believe. If you have friends that are of a different faith and you can just agree to disagree, then why try to "spread the word of God." Why can't you just agree to disagree with others that do not have the same faith as you. Sharing your story about your life, the pregnancy, marriage, and now happiness, is great. Saying that you turned to your faith to help you get through it is also great. However trying to convince others of your faith is not appropriate if you are trying to use your life as an example to help others. Just like I will not try to convince you to abandon your faith, you should not try to convince others to adopt yours. You say you are ok with non-believers, but I don't think you are if you are trying to spread the word of God. If someone believes, they already have the word. And if they don't believe, it isn't anyone's business to try to change them.

Hello again. I'm not okay with non-believers it's just that they have heard what I believe and chose to follow another path. I'm only telling what I believe and people make their own choices. So when Jesus comes back no one can say I was never told about Jesus. But they were and choice not to follow him. We all have to make a choice.
      PS Not choosing is still making a choice.

1. Colebabie profile image60

I think everyone (in some countries) has been "told about Jesus" in one way or another. I don't understand your statement that "not choosing is still making a choice" of course if someone chooses not to believe they are making a choice. Why do you feel it is your job or place to tell others about Jesus? Realize that by you telling what you believe, some may take that as preaching and therefore not study for themselves, so therefore you are doing more harm than good. I think most people would tell you they don't like to be preached to. Basically what I think is people should believe what they want. Not try to convince others otherwise. It is up to us as individuals to make decisions about faith and our personal lives. Hearing what someone else believes (when it comes to faith) will not convince others to change.

I think you are the trying to convince to do change the way I do things and I think you already know my answer. I agree with one thing you said "I think is people should believe what they want.",  but allow them access to every option out there than they will choose what they want. I'm simply suppling my option(ie The word of God) I can't force anyone do anything. Didn't I say that eariler? Oh well it's worth repeating. Keep your replies coming. smile

News!  Jesus already came back and even his followers didn't believe that he did and it was him and so it is the same some 2000 years later...............

18. Colebabie profile image60

You didn't answer any of my questions. But besides that, I am not attempting to change your beliefs. I do not have any problems with believers, as you have said you have problems with non-believers. If you are looking to help others, your story is a good way to do so. If you are looking to "give options" or basically change others beliefs, I think you are losing your battle. It is the way that someone speaks that affects whether someone believes what they are saying. Why waste your time putting your word out there? When your time could be better used, and be more effective with another message. One not so personal, one that will be better received, one that will actually make a difference in the world.

Sorry I missed your question, but I've answered it once before, but it's worth repeating And He said to them, "Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation. Mark 16:15. I may loose the battle, but God has already won the war. I don't think of it as a waste putting the word of God out there. This site is only one avenue I utilize, I also try my best to practice what I preach.
      1 John 2:15-17
      Do not love the world or the things in the world. If any one loves the world, love for the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh and the lust of the eyes and the pride of life, is not of the Father but is of the world. And the world passes away, and the lust of it; but he who does the will of God abides forever.

19. Lady Guinevere profile image64

You stated that you have a problem with Un-beleivers.  Why?  What is it that you have to do to them and what gratification or reward is it to you?  Do you get more kudos to get to heaven?  I believe that is frowned on in the Bible of your.  Someone gave you conflicting Bible verses, yet you ignored them.  Why is that?  What got you to go to chruch?  What did they tell you that got you to feel guilty enough to go to church? 
    If you are giving others options to know Jesus, would it not be advantageous to know where they are coming from and what their beleifs say?  Have you been indoctrinated into thinking that your way is the only way and that no one else matters and every thing else is of Satan and evil?  How about answering some of my questions from your own perspective and not from spouting off scripture.  I know you can think, you did before you got into that religion and that bok called the Bible.
    Have you seen God and what does it look like? Have you seen Satan and what does it look like? What is evil and then tell us what you think of this:
    Ye Shall Reap What Ye shall sow and the coorelation to Karma, which is Cause and Effect.
    What has the church told you about Jesus being in India and his missing years?  Do you know how the Nazarenes lived and what they believed and what does that have to do with Jesus's teachings?  Who is Peter and what did he do after Jesus died versus what Paul did after he saw the vision of Jesus?
    Where in the Bible does it say that all of the works and miracles of Jesus were not put in there and what does that mean for people with other faiths and religions?  Doesn't it make sense that they may be doing what Jesus taught only it wasn't in the Bible?
    Okay that is it for now.

20. Colebabie profile image60

Ok you have resorted to quoting from the bible again, which I am sorry I cannot respond to. I hope that you find what you are looking for. Take care.

I have, I hope one day you will too, and whatever you choose I wish you well. smile

They put blindfolds on you and therefore you can't think for yourself.  Quoting scripture is one thing, but when it is your only way of communicating that only means that YOU have been conditioned and they have put some sot of control mechanizm into your brain to prevent you from thinking.
        Research about cults.  I have a hub on here about it and others do too.  At least give us the benefit of the doubt and you will not die or go to hell becasue you sought and did what Jesus is telling you to do.  Jeus never used the Bible.  He never use a book.  He never condemned anyone.  He was around the murderes, and sinners and those types of people.  Ever wonder why he was not around rich people?  Why did he get made at the church and yes he got angry?
        Have you heard of Jim Jones, or Waco Texas or Charlie Manson.
        If you keep spouting out scripture you will loose any following at all.  It doesn't come from your heart or your soul, it comes from those who are in control of you.

"Have you heard of Jim Jones, or Waco Texas or Charlie Manson.
          If you keep spouting out scripture you will loose any following at all."
          Have you read this:
          Mat 24:11 And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.
          There will be many more false prophets in the last days, but holdfast because these are the signs of Jesus return. And He will destroy them.

1. profile image0

Scary eh?  I see it everyday as if people has lost all sense and are chasing the wind, so to speak in self righteousness justified with unrighteous.  They say liberate them and they shall see there is surely no God yet denial of their arbitary comment and saying look it was alreayd written, showing them it was and trying to say look, this is what it says, what can't you see...

Well, God already told us they cannot see it so just let them be. Keep preaching if you must incase there be just one who will hear it but other than that there is really no point in trying to convince a blind man he can see when he really can't. 

After all a blind man can only become unblinded by the Spirit alone and if the don't believe, how could they ever receive it anyways.  God's choice not ours.

1. Mark Knowles profile image58
              Mark Knowlesposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I see you have "condescending christian" down pat now.

Well done. big_smile

Next thing you know you will be starting threads about the morning after pill in the politics forum.

Oh wait....................

Sandra,
              Are you saying that no one bu you and her have the sprit of God in you?  Shame on you.

All one has to do to see is they themselves take off the blindfolds that they have allowed to be put on them in the first place. 
              Take responsibility for your own thoughts and actions and don't blame it on GOD or SATAN or Evil or even others.

Spot on! I am well over the biblical quotes too.Some sensible debate would enable those who do not believe to reply to something that does not pre-supposed god and is not a loaded statement.

I think you met this to me.  I wrote to Sandra.

You are correct, thank you dear lady!

See you quote me and then you twist it.  They were not prphets true or false at all.  They were con artists.
            All you can do it spout scripture and so they have you hypnotized ore mezmerised or something and they have taken away one of your bosic rights as a human.  Know what that is?  I bet you don't and if you did it would be called evil or Stanic or twisted up.

3. Lady Guinevere profile image64

You have not ansered a single question that I put forth to you.  Is that because you are not allowed to think for yourself that you have to get all your answers from your church?

21. JYOTI KOTHARI profile image60
    JYOTI KOTHARIposted 15 years ago

What do you mean by saying  "Next thing you know you will be starting threads about the morning after pill in the politics forum" ?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)